Things That Don't Bother You About Gaming

Started by gunswordfist, April 16, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo is releasing Pikmin 2's New Play Control port straight into their Nintendo Selects line. Which is a great way to jump in considering how awesome it supposedly is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 15, 2012, 05:39:34 PM
Nintendo is releasing Pikmin 2's New Play Control port straight into their Nintendo Selects line. Which is a great way to jump in considering how awesome it supposedly is.

Also nice considering how expensive the original is at the moment.

This is very long awaited indeed.

Spark Of Spirit

The 3DS game case is back on Club Nintendo! If you've got the points hurry up and grab the case! (Yes, it will hold DS games, too)

This is a pretty cool case.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

QuoteThe characters and such are like pieces that are necessary for a chess game. So you wouldn't want to sell them, because some people would have them and some wouldn't. If we have DLC characters or stages, they would be free," said Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada during Namco Bandai's Gamers Day. "We might use them for pre-order bonuses though, because the retailers really like it. That doesn't mean they'd be exclusive forever though. That just means you'd get it earlier, for a certain period.

Harada! :swoon:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/21/tekken-tag-tournament-2-adds-michelle-kunimitsu-ogre-and-angel-as-dlc/

Nel_Annette

Something that doesn't bug me... save states! They have spoiled me. I'm so glad the 3DS utilized a "restore point" feature.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel on May 22, 2012, 02:31:01 PM
Something that doesn't bug me... save states! They have spoiled me. I'm so glad the 3DS utilized a "restore point" feature.

Damn straight. I actually abuse that with Punch-Out!! whenever I reach a new fighter since 3 fights equals a game over.

Spark Of Spirit

It depends with me. Normally I won't use them unless the checkpoint system is REALLY bad. Like not having a checkpoint before a boss, which is far more annoying than it is challenging.

Foggle

QuoteEidos Montreal, Square Enix, and Nixxes are happy to provide an additional patch for Deus Ex: Human Revolution that addresses various issues players have reported since release. We hope this patch will allow them to further enjoy playing the game.

The patch includes:

-   Some players accounted a problem where the Tai Young Medical shuttle in Hengsha would not arrive. This has been resolved.
-   Existing save-games can be loaded and continued from normally, the shuttle will now arrive.
-   We have provided a workaround for stability and performance issues on AMD FX CPUs with specific firmware versions.
-   We have made further changes to reduce stuttering in the game.
-   Improvements to background streaming of resources. (on DX11 only)
-   Workarounds have been added for issues that can happen with Windows asynchronous file IO.
-   We have improved parallelism with the graphics driver on dual-core machines. (should also benefit machines with more cores)
-   SSAO has been improved to look less noisy.
-   Various minor issues with 3DVision have been resolved.

I love it when developers continue to support their games long after release. My only issue with DXHR has finally been resolved! Runs silky smooth now. Going to play it all again soon just because.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 25, 2012, 12:35:11 AM
Pretty good reasoning on why he doesn't like Heavy Rain

If only more reviews could be more like that, content-wise.
Great post. I fucking hate Heavy Rain. One of the absolute worst non-shovelware titles this gen. It's insulting to me as a gamer and even more insulting to me as a writer.

But I do take issue with this bit:
Quote2010 was a shitty year for video game stories.

Both Alan Wake and Yakuza 3 came out in 2010. :wth:

Spark Of Spirit

David Cage has weird ideas. That KARA thing frightens me for the same reasons Molyneux's Milo thing did.

Has no one in the video game industry seen Terminator?  :gonk:

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 25, 2012, 12:52:56 AM
David Cage has weird ideas.
Should have known better than to buy Heavy Rain after the third act of Indigo Prophecy... :devil:

David Cage just can't compete with people like Sam Lake, SWERY, and Suda51 around.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 25, 2012, 12:54:34 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 25, 2012, 12:52:56 AM
David Cage has weird ideas.
Should have known better than to buy Heavy Rain after the third act of Indigo Prophecy... :devil:

David Cage just can't compete with people like Sam Lake, SWERY, and Suda51 around.
999 and Nier came out that year too. I haven't played the latter, but I heard good things about the story. 999's story is really good, too. Probably my favorite of the year.

Rynnec

*Looks up KARA out of curiousity*

QuoteSo what is Kara ? As far as we know, it can look after house, do the cooking, mind the kids, organise your appointments, speak 300 langages, and remain entirely at your disposal as a sexual partner...

Foggle

Wait, I thought you bought Nier last year and said it was good but not for everyone? ??? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else...

Quote from: Rynnec on May 25, 2012, 12:57:37 AM
*Looks up KARA out of curiousity*

QuoteSo what is Kara ? As far as we know, it can look after house, do the cooking, mind the kids, organise your appointments, speak 300 langages, and remain entirely at your disposal as a sexual partner...

FUCK YOU DAVID CAGE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

THERE'S THE DOOR

GET OUT