Terror in Resonance

Started by Daikun, July 23, 2014, 04:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

You thought Space Dandy was Watanabe's only series this year? Think again!

Terror in Resonance takes place in an alternate present where Tokyo is plagued with terrorist attacks caused by mysterious children who carry out their deeds, likely to carry out revolution.

The series is being simulcast on FUNimation's website. The first episode is free, but future episodes will require premium membership.

Lord Dalek

The first episode of this was better than roughly 95% of Space Dandy.

/shots fired.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 23, 2014, 10:19:08 AM
The first episode of this was better than roughly 95% of Space Dandy.

/shots fired.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'd probably agree with you. Personally,mice always liked Watanabe's serious stuff over his comedic stuff, myself. It's the same reason why I prefer Kids on the Slope to Space a Dandy and Samurai Champloo, and why Ed is my least favorite a Cowboy Bebop character.

Dr. Insomniac

Those first two episodes I watched were pretty crisp. Very interested in the next nine.

Dr. Insomniac

And someone interviewed Watanabe about the details behind the production. His tip on getting people to watch the show is to say "Parts of it are like Sherlock!"

gunswordfist

Doesn't sound like my kind of show.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

LumRanmaYasha

Spoiler
I thought the ending was very well done. Under the circumstances, it wouldn't have made much sense for Nine and Twelve to have come out of this alive and have a happy ending, since like Five, they were slowly dying because of the long-term effects of the experiments as well. At least they were able to expose the truth, make an impression and be remembered by other people, and there is hope for change and justice, so they didn't die for nothing. I was underwhelmed the last few weeks, not finding any of the shenanigans with Five particularly interesting or enjoyable (I still don't like the character), but the ending has made me see the events of the series as a whole in a new context, and made me appreciate the show and it's story even more. Good work, Watanabe.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Huge bump for the English dub trailer and release info.

The Blu-ray/DVD combo pack is coming out January 19.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton