Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #9 is here!

Equinox is probably one of my favorite villains, I have to say.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

We just had the first season added to Neflix here. Not that it affects me much since I already own the complete series. I just thought I'd mention it.

Did you guys get the complete series on your Netflix yet?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

No, we've still only got the first 1 and a half seasons.  :imnothappy:

LumRanmaYasha

All 65 episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold are now available to stream on Netflix! Finally!  :swoon:

Spark Of Spirit

Well there you go, gunswordfist. Back at it now!

VLordGTZ

AWESOME!!!  :shakeshakeshake:  I've been wanting to re-watch the entire series for a while.

Daxdiv

This is some awesome news. They also added Green Lantern and the 1st season of Young Justice as well.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

YJ, GL, AND Brave and the Bold?!

*looks up*

THANKS, GOD!!!!!!  :worship:

Daikun

So, I finally watched all 65 episodes of this series the first time through. I watched some of the first season when the show premiered on CN and I somewhat enjoyed it, but the series couldn't have premiered at a terrible time in CN's life--I felt rather burned out by the network. It was the beginning one of their Dark Ages. Adult Swim had grown monotonous before that point and I was still feeling rather angry that Toonami had been cancelled. Also, they were flushing through junk programming to see what sticks (this was before Adventure Time would pull them out of the rut). I just needed a break from CN in general, and I was swamped with University homework, so I didn't watch much CN outside of Regular Show.

After I got done with University, wow, did things pick up! I felt refreshed and started getting into the network again. Toonami was back and I was checking out more neat originals. Then Beware the Batman was announced for Toonami, and that made me think about giving Brave and the Bold a second shot.

I can't believe I skipped out on most of this series for the longest time. It's one of the best modern incarnations of Batman post-DCAU. Diedrich Bader is perfectly cast and the comedy works amazingly well. I'm glad that they went with a Silver Age approach to the comedy instead of doing those cringe-worthy faux-anime references that cartoons like to mock so much. After seeing disappointing recent incarnations like The Batman (which was just meh) and The Dark Knight Rises (which I feel is the worst Batman movie, period), this series was a refreshing change of pace.

gunswordfist

Early this morning I saw that Netflix had all the episodes from The Siege Of Starro Part 2 and beyond (why they stopped at Part 1 instead of just having both parts is beyond me) so I got excited and went on to watch Part 1. I planned on watching both parts but was too tired so I went to sleep. Earlier this afternoon, I rewatch Pt. 1 because I like to watch two parters back to back. Anyway, I loved the focus on minor characters when it comes to DC. Not some of my favorite episodes but still good. Also, the ending where Batman said nothing to Vixen was quite sad. This also made me realize how much I like Captain Marvel across 3 DC shows (Young Justice, Justice League and this show). The part where he said, "That was awesome! Doitagain!" was hilarious. I'll watch some more of the show soon and will finally get to finish it soon enough. :)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The Starro two-parter is great stuff. I especially like how the two parts are almost entirely different episodes to an extent and not two parts of the same story.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I love how they used a few cold openers to build up to these episodes rather than just throwing them at us.

gunswordfist

Yeah, the tone was totally different in Part 2. I watched Barry Allen's first episode. Finally! I've always loved this episode, especially how Barry beats Zoom. I loved how he used his wits to beat a faster opponent, the glass maker was beautiful and Flash won by basically stopping. Ok, I'll stop fanboying on that part but man do I love it more than ever now. :swoon: The Scarlet Speedster episode also cements Barry Allen as my 2nd favorite version of Flash, Wally West in JL is of course no. 1. Hmm, I've never thought about the fact that I've seen West as Kid 3 times until now. I liked the whole dynamic between the 3 Flashes. Again, I love this episode even more now... :swoon:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Greg Weisman would make a fantastic Silver Age writer. Requiem is one of the best TB&TB episodes. It had every Flash short of Impulse (which wouldn't have worked timeline-wise) and even included Dr. Zoom. Too good of an episode.