Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on October 10, 2013, 07:52:04 PMYes. Oh god, why.

I had to use that shit in my first 2 years of college. That brings back some terrible memories of Chemistry and Physics.

The Shadow Gentleman

So after a background check and some orientation, I should be getting my first real job.

Nel_Annette

I remember Blackboard...  :srs:

Avaitor

We use Angel at my campus, which I'm a-okay with, except for the fact that it hates Chrome and Macs. Which is a bitch for me, but I'm fine with re-installing Firefox when I need to.

Although thankfully, none of the classes I have this term need any involvement on Angel, so hey. :humhumhum:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I found Angel to be pretty simple and convenient to use.

I hate how my school basically forced us all to switch to Blackboard.

Spark Of Spirit

The only online class I ever had involved a private discussion board, so I haven't had experiences like this. As someone who makes a lot of little mistakes and edits a lot, it certainly sounds irritating.

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on October 10, 2013, 09:23:09 PM
So after a background check and some orientation, I should be getting my first real job.
Good job, man. :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 11, 2013, 04:16:24 PMThe only online class I ever had involved a private discussion board, so I haven't had experiences like this. As someone who makes a lot of little mistakes and edits a lot, it certainly sounds irritating.

Well, it's not that the classes themselves are necessarily online. It's just that many classes require students to submit assignments through those mediums rather than doing it the old-fashioned (and more reliable way) of just handing in hard-copies of your papers and such.

I actually never had any online classes in college.

Spark Of Spirit

If that's the case then I'm glad Canada is slightly behind in that area. I prefer handling hard copies, myself.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 11, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
If that's the case then I'm glad Canada is slightly behind in that area. I prefer handling hard copies, myself.
QFT!!! :e_hail:

Avaitor

Taking Back Sunday is playing a free show downtown tonight.

Remember when they had a fair amount of top 40 acts? It's weird that they went from that to playing here, because this isn't a big town at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I had an odd moment yesterday at work when a girl from way back in high school said hi to me, and I couldn't remember her name for shit. What made it really weird was she was a super-popular cheerleader back then while I was basically a nobody loner, yet here we are six years later with her remembering my name and I couldn't recall hers.  :lol:

TheEclecticDude

Well, the job search has reached an end, at least for sure.

Will be starting a training program at a software development company in January, very probably. Hopefully this will lead into full employment.

Feeling good here.

Spark Of Spirit

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: TheEclecticDude on October 30, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

Will be starting a training program at a software development company in January, very probably. Hopefully this will lead into full employment.

Feeling good here.
That's awesome, man!

Foggle

Quote from: TheEclecticDude on October 30, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

Feeling good here.
That's excellent! Good job man!