What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I'm gonna be watching it tomorrow. Can't wait!  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 07, 2013, 02:13:42 PM
I'm gonna be watching it tomorrow. Can't wait!  ;D

...ANNNNNNDDD new favorite anime movie acquired!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like Akira, but Summer Wars is still my favorite anime movie by far.

LumRanmaYasha

I was talking about Puella Magi Madoka Magica 3: The Rebellion Story. There are only a few movies that I've ever believed I got my money's worth seeing on the big screen, and that was one of them by far. Now I have an anime film fav trio of Rebellion/Beautiful Dreamer/End of Evangelion, which all are neck in neck in terms of quality, enjoyment, and satisfaction for me. Funny how they are all films based on anime franchises though.  :D

After seeing Akira on Toonami, though, it is also one of my favorites now. The animation and direction in that is ungodly, and Otomo does a good job fitting in 1000 pages of story in 2 hours all things considered. I admit I still prefer the manga, which is also one of my favorites now, as far as the story/characters go.

Now, Summer Wars. I will finally watch that on Toonami this saturday E-K, and I can't wait. I've honestly had a lot of opportunities to watch the film for the past few years but never got around to it for some reason. Enough is enough though, and I'll be watching it. I'm sure it'll also be one of my favorites. ;)

I'm on an anime movie high now thanks to Rebellion and The Wind Rises, so if anyone's got films to suggest for me to watch, please do. It'd be best to make the most of this motivation while it lasts.  8)

I've also been on a Kenshin high after finishing the manga and re-watched the Oniwabanshu portion of the Tokyo arc in the anime. I'll probably start up Kyoto over my Winter Break. But first, to also make use of my movie high, I'm going to watch Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal. RIGHT NOW. No seriously, RIGHT NOW. In two and a half hours time I'll tell you guys what I think of it, though I'm 100% positive I'm going to love it.  ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Whoops, for some reason I thought that this was the Toonami thread. :sweat:

I still haven't even watched the first 2 Madoka Magica movies, but from what I've heard they are mostly recaps of the TV series.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, wait, if you're going to watch the RK movie, stay away from the dub. It's god-awful.

LumRanmaYasha

I didn't watch the first two movies because I was told that they were just retellings as well. But the third movie is a whole new story. You think there'd be nowhere to go after the anime ended, but....WOW. So glad I didn't spoil myself on the movie beforehand, seriously.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 09, 2013, 12:54:33 PM
Oh, wait, if you're going to watch the RK movie, stay away from the dub. It's god-awful.

Thanks for the warning! 

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 09, 2013, 12:52:36 PM
I still haven't even watched the first 2 Madoka Magica movies, but from what I've heard they are mostly recaps of the TV series.
Don't bother if you've seen the show. Unless you're looking for a slightly shorter re-watch, I suppose.

Rebellion was fuckin' good. Hopefully I can get my review up tonight.

gunswordfist

Ah, this Saturday. I don't even know what Summer Wars is. I'll check it out then.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched the movie. Overall, I liked it, but I do feel like the last half hour got a bit too convoluted for my liking (not unlike End of Evangelion). I mean, all of a sudden I was being hit with constant exposition that was only interrupted by really gorgeous visuals. As a stand-alone movie it's clearly not meant for newcomers. As a companion piece to the show it fairs quite well, though as far as endings go, I do have to admit that I felt the show left off at a better place.

LumRanmaYasha

I lament how I would buy this if only it was half the cost or at least was the complete series and/or subbed. It'd admittedly be mostly a nostalgia-buy, but one I'd go for if it was any cheaper. Though, I would rather Kodansha USA re-release the manga in Omnibus format here in the states, since it's much better than the anime at any rate. Oh well.

Of all the Viz series that could be rescued and re-released though, the one that I would totally nostalgia-impulse buy would be a complete release of dubbed Hamtaro. MAKE IT HAPPEN NEW VIDEO GROUP.

gunswordfist

Watched half of Hunter X Hunter ep. 108 then talked to my brother about it. I will start over and watch the whole thing later.

gunswordfist

Finished episode 108 at the end of the last hour. lol @ Youpi's reactions to Pitou and whatshernames' craziness.

I liked how another person The King killed for no reason was brought up.

The Shadow Gentleman

Just got around to finishing the second season of The Big O. Overall, I didn't like it quite as much as the first. I'm kind of disappointed it didn't have the same tone the first season had, and it was pretty damn confusing at times, but I still liked it.

VLordGTZ

I started watching Psycho-Pass yesterday.  I'm enjoying the series so far.