What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

gunswordfist

Watched episode 10 of Jojo earlier. I did not see that heel turn coming. Also, I am really liking Joseph. I expected him to be Johnathan's son, not grandson. What a twist
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Just finished episode 11 and 12. Yes, Stroheim! (sp?) Hearing how Street Fighter 2 ripped of Jojo is one of the reasons I wanted to start watching this show. (among other reasons, like Foggle saying it's a show I'd deeply love)

Pharass

Watched Inferno Cop recently and wrote a short piece about it on ye olde blogge. Spoiler-alert: I enjoyed it.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched episode 2 of Parasyte today. It has a nice flow to it and I like that it has a good sense of humor. It really does play out like a really engaging horror comedy, which is awesome to see in anime forms the actual suspense of the show is legitimately intriguing, and the comedic aspects are perfect without being overdone and taking over the horror and mystery elements of the show, so from my perspective (as a non-manga reader, in this case) it's really great stuff.

gunswordfist

I watched Jojo 13 earlier. Until next time, Guile.

LumRanmaYasha

...still not liking the OST for the Parasyte anime. This dubstep/electronic stuff just does not fit this series at all, and distract from the point of some of the scenes they are used in. Everything else is still great, though, and I do think this is still a good adaption so far, but these music choices are really bringing it down from being as great as it could be, imo.

But I did like how they made the random parasyte in the beginning of this episode be A instead, and had the ending scene of the episode tease Reiko. Those are some of the kinds of scene changes/additions I appreciate, even if they aren't totally necessary.

gunswordfist

I want to follow that series soon. I assumed it was already out assumed it was oldy moldy when I read about it on tvtropes under the body horror section.

Avaitor

After I play catch-up with Stardust Crusaders, my queue of what to watch is likely going to look like this-

-Regular Show Seasons 3+ (not anime, but bear with me here)
-Ashita no Joe 2 (I might switch this with RS if I finish the manga up to that point by the time I'm ready to watch either or)
-Fujiko Mine
-Kids on the Slope
-Terror in Resonance
-Maybe a Trigun rewatch?

I think I had more planned, but I can't recall.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on October 15, 2014, 10:12:00 PM
-Ashita no Joe 2 (I might switch this with RS if I finish the manga up to that point by the time I'm ready to watch either or)

Assuming you mean that you plan to start watching it once you get to the point in the manga where AnJ2 starts, then you're already there. AnJ2 starts right after the end of part 1, beginning with "The Downfall of Joe Yabuki" arc, which you've already read. So, you could start it any day, if you feel up to it. 

gunswordfist

I still need to rewatch/watch all of Trigun. It's right there on Netflix. I also plan on doing the same for Regular Show on probably an even later date.

Also:
-Catch up on what I missed on Hellsing Ultimate (bits of what I missed on [as]. I'll just watch it on Toonami, excluding full episodes I might miss)
-Saint Seiya
-Fist Of The Northstar
-Dragonball..sheesh, these last 3 seem like distant future candidates. I've been dragging my feet.
-Black Lagoon...same as above, likely.
-I want to say Big O but some part of me refuses to watch it online. It should be on Netflix, dammit!

Continuing Jojo is a given (I didn't know Avaitor was watching it) and I'm still saving the last episode of HXH for later. I just can't let go of this show easily. :'(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I still don't agree with you on the music at all, CX. Then again, going by your taste in the competition threads, I'm not surprised. :>

Anyways, I'm enjoying the anime just fine. The only thing that I really dislike about it is the opening theme and some of the gore effects seem to be a little bit overdone. I have no problem with violence, but something about the way people get sliced up feels a bit too cartoony for an otherwise more serious looking art style. Maybe it's just something that fit in better with the manga's artwork or something along those lines. But, it's a minor gripe in the grand scheme of things.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 15, 2014, 10:28:20 PMContinuing Jojo is a given (I didn't know Avaitor was watching it) and I'm still saving the last episode of HXH for later. I just can't let go of this show easily. :'(

Normally I'd say that you still have the manga, but considering that it's only 10 chaoters ahead of where the anime ended and Togashi still has it on hiatus, now you can suffer the wait with the rest of us. :D

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 15, 2014, 10:18:14 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on October 15, 2014, 10:12:00 PM

Assuming you mean that you plan to start watching it once you get to the point in the manga where AnJ2 starts, then you're already there. AnJ2 starts right after the end of part 1, beginning with "The Downfall of Joe Yabuki" arc, which you've already read. So, you could start it any day, if you feel up to it.
Well yeah, but I wanted to start watching it after I finish reading the arc, or at least as far as it goes to from the link you and EK showed me a while ago.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 15, 2014, 10:28:20 PM
I still need to rewatch/watch all of Trigun. It's right there on Netflix. I also plan on doing the same for Regular Show on probably an even later date.
Is it? I checked the other day, and couldn't find Trigun streaming anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/