Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

On the latest SU Podcast, Ian Jones-Quartey suggests at a possible spinoff or rebrand (54 minutes).

http://podbay.fm/show/1261418557/e/1548313200

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Awesome! Can't wait until we hear about the villain and what their goals are.

Daikun

Dreamer2

Trailer looks really good. I really like the 2 year timeskip.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Huh, not really necessary but I'm not complaining!  :shakeshakeshake:

Between airing all episodes of SU and this, nice to see Cartoon Network going all out to boost a non-Teen Titans Go show!

Daikun

It's almost time! The movie airs tonight at 6PM.

Peanutbutter

I love the Steven Universe movie. Some good callbacks, the Alternate Crystal Gems got plenty of focus, Steven merging with Greg was cool, all the songs were great and not too saccharine that other musicals fall into. A couple even sounded like they could easily air on the radio and not be out of place.

I still like Rose as she's an interesting character, but man she was horrible when she was a Diamond. I know she loved Greg, the Gems; and I'm positive she loved Steven. The more her background is given to her though, the more strong an argument fans with "Rose is the real villain" theories become.........

Above all though, the strongest part of the movie was still by far the animation. I haven't had the same complaints as others have about the inconsistent heights and whatknot, but it was so nicely slick and fluid especially on Spindel the whole time she was onscreen. I hope they leave it just the way it was in this whenever the next season comes.

Avaitor

I'm wrapping it up now, and this was a delight. I was feeling a little ambivalent towards the show lately, but this has helped raise my spirits towards it a little. I really love its positivity and warmth, and most of all the music, which this has the best of all of it I feel.

If this is the end, it'll be a high note to go out on.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

It's not the end, likely there's a season six on the way. There would have been an announcement by CN if the movie was the finale. It would have been a decent ending if it was, but judging by the amount of promotion I don't think CN is done with Steven yet.

Daikun

Final season details revealed.

Season 6 will be titled Steven Universe Future and it has a new theme song. (Makes sense, since Steven's younger voice would contrast with the time jump.)

Avaitor

This is a pretty good way to keep the story going after the direction the last handful of episodes and movie went. I hope this run stays entertaining.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Here's to one more good season, assuming it's really the last.