Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I'm attracted and repulsed by this. :joy:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

So is this strike three for Snyder, or two?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I definitely don't believe that DC will let him write or direct Justice League after two critical flops. Of course, Man of Steel made money, and regardless of the reviews, BVS will be a financial success as well. So at the very least they may still allow him to work on one of the smaller solo films.

That said, I'd personally be glad if Snyder distanced himself from future DC films. He's had his second chance and blew it. Now it's time to give someone more talented a turn.

Dr. Insomniac

Unless it does wonders in China and WB gives it a pass the same way Paramount does with the Transformers movies. Otherwise, I hope someone has George Miller's phone number.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Is it too late to revive Guillermo del Toro's JLD project?

Spark Of Spirit

Can we at least salvage Shazaam and hand it off to someone fun instead?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 23, 2016, 07:04:34 PM
So it can be in Development Hell for 9 years and then forgotten?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 23, 2016, 07:24:10 PM

It wasn't in development hell. A movie actually needs to start production to qualify for that. It never got off the ground because WB/DC sat on the idea for several years and then just dropped it because it actually sounded interesting, and we all know that they can't have that.

Dr. Insomniac

If only it was the alternate universe where Justice League: Part 3 was on the horizon, Chris Pratt was Mister Miracle in a New Gods movie, and we're all having fights as to whether Agents of Cadmus is canon or not.

Course, it's in the same world where Brett Ratner's Spider-Man vs Iron Man: Morning of Vengeance just came out. But they can't all be winners.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 23, 2016, 07:32:25 PM

It wasn't in development hell. A movie actually needs to start production to qualify for that. It never got off the ground because WB/DC sat on the idea for several years and then just dropped it because it actually sounded interesting, and we all know that they can't have that.
WOOOSSSHH!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 23, 2016, 08:27:07 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 23, 2016, 07:32:25 PM

WOOOSSSHH!
Was that a bird, or a plane?

Dr. Insomniac

Well, I did it. I watched Batman v Superman.

Daikun