Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I could go another twenty years and not see another live action Lex Luthor, to be honest. And I don't even dislike the character.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

If you had invented Lexcorp, you would have invented Lexcorp.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Why Lex now? They should be making other Superman villains more famous and then bring in Lex.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 25, 2015, 02:47:27 PM
Why Lex now? They should be making other Superman villains more famous and then bring in Lex.
Because apparently Lex and Zod are the only villains Hollywood can bother themselves with.

It's quite absurd that after near forty years they've been basically the only Superman villains in the live action films.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Does Nuclear Man count?

....Yeah, on second thought, it's probably best to forget that Superman IV ever existed.

gunswordfist

That's right, Zod was the other big bad. :P I was giving them credit for using someone not named Lex in the movies but I can't even give them that now.

I'd also like to see them use someone else besides Darkseid and Doomsday and then have them come later on. It's been made very clear who are the top dogs in Superman's mythos, now it's time to give someone else spotlight, not that I'm getting my hopes up..

Foggle

gunswordfist

The hell was I typing?  :P :D *edits*

gunswordfist

Avaitor

As long as they don't do the origin again, I'll give it a shot.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I think it's perfect. Peter starts out as a teen and then the MCU lasts for a few more years and he grows up during that time.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Not particularly excited for another Peter Parker movie, but I've loved the character since I was a kid, so if they skip the origin story I'll be happy-ish.

Does anyone else think Ant-Man looks really boring? The lack of Edgar Wright is extremely apparent. Looks like some boilerplate superhero fare a la Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually enjoyed The Incredible Hulk, for what it's worth, and I wouldn't quite say that it looks like Iron Man 2 since that movie's problem was that it tried to do too many stories at once and just became a mess.

This movie looks like it'll be fairly average, for the most part. Not particularly exciting nor extraordinarily bad, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The obvious problem is that Marvel wants every new movie they produce to be part of the MCU, and Edgar Wright's vision was for a stand-alone story, so this disagreement forced him to leave the project and basically forced Marvel to rush into getting a new director and trying to make a movie in the style that they wanted. The key problem here is that this new vision for the movie was just rushed into production to meet a deadline, and that shows in the previews where the movie doesn't really see like it has its own distinct identity.

gunswordfist

The Incredible Hulk is just fine. A lot of people have been saying Ant-Man looks boring. Even worse than they say the Fantastic Four film is looking.

There's nothing wrong with another Peter Parker film. I wouldn't have mind another origin film either.