Dan VS Animation Revelation

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, March 07, 2011, 02:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Huh, the show's only a handful of episodes short of 65 episodes. You'd think that the Hub would give it another season to at least hit that.

I haven't seen Dan Vs., but I've always taken it as a follow-up to MLP's adult following, but while MLP caught on with practically every demographic, Dan only seems to have a sizable cult appreciation. I never imagined that it would last as long as Pony, but I'm a little surprised to see it end now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Ugh, just when I was loving the show.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

My baby brother and me watched Fancy Restaurant yesterday. Whoa at that penis chip off joke and that adultery joke with the sandwich was hilarious. Dan Vs. does adultery jokes so well.

Watched Summer Camp with said brother I believe two days ago. If it's really the last episode then it's bittersweet the one about how Chris and Dan met. It's ironic as a finale because it showed how bad of a role model Dan is. Lol

Daikun

Quote from: Silverstar on March 09, 2013, 11:52:53 AMBut yeah, Dan VS is a 3rd party acquisition, not a Hub original series, so it could conceivably get picked up by another channel if the honeymoon is truly over with Hasbro, though I don't really see Disney or Nick or Cartoon Network picking it up. I could possibly see it going to Adult Swim...maybe.

I don't know about Adult Swim. This is one of those shows that straddles the fine line between CN's edgier content and Adult Swim's tamer content.

If no kids' network picks it up, I think it would be a nice fit on Comedy Central.

Silverstar

You're right; Adult Swim isn't really a good fit for Dan VS now that I think about it. Dan is not only a good show, but it's also animated. No way it belongs on Adult Swim. Where was my head? :hayguyz:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

This show's cancellation is more than confirmed now.

The Hub released its 2013 upfront.

Dan Vs. was not renewed.

I await the inevitable Change.org petition any day now...

Silverstar

If Hasbro truly dropped Dan VS because they were worried that concerned parents find Dan to be a bad role model who'd get them into trouble, I can only imagine how the PTA is going to react to SheZow, the recently acquired Hub show about a boy who cross-dresses as a girl superhero.  :zonk:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Silverstar on March 20, 2013, 10:20:43 PM
I can only imagine how the PTA is going to react to SheZow, the recently acquired Hub show about a boy who cross-dresses as a girl superhero.  :zonk:

This sounds like a Newgrounds Flash Series in some way.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 20, 2013, 10:31:46 PM
Quote from: Silverstar on March 20, 2013, 10:20:43 PM
I can only imagine how the PTA is going to react to SheZow, the recently acquired Hub show about a boy who cross-dresses as a girl superhero.  :zonk:

This sounds like a Newgrounds Flash Series in some way.
Dress up!

It sucks so hard that Dan Vs. has been cancelled...I'm on the verge of becoming a rabid fanboy of the show

Goldstar

Yeah, it sucks that there won't be another season of Dan VS. I don't see this series getting picked up by Nickelodeon, Disney Channel or even Cartoon Network (although I could see the pre-FOX Adult Swim which carried shows like Home Movies and Baby Blues before the Seth MacFarlane takeover airing Dan, along with Regular Show), but perhaps there's enough episodes of Dan for the show to go into syndication?
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Well, I hear there's like 56 episodes of the show. I hope CN picks it up. It would go great with Regular Show and MAD (assuming this hasn't been cancelled) leading into adult swim.

Silverstar

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 22, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
I hope CN picks it up. It would go great with Regular Show and MAD (assuming this hasn't been cancelled) leading into adult swim.

It would be cool if they did, but it would be a hard sell to expect Cartoon Network, a channel which currently aims itself squarely at children aged 13 and under to take a shot at acquiring a show starring human adults with no kids, teens, superheroes, wizards, aliens, robots or talking animals in the main cast, especially a show about a sociopathic jerk who wreaks vengeance on everyday society. Sure CN repeatedly airs the Total Drama shows year after year, which likewise showcase bad and outrageous behavior, but those shows have teen appeal; since the regular characters are all 16-year-olds, I know a lot of young people who watch them for the teen angst and shipping, and CN wants more tweens watching, so they'll turn a blind eye to the bad behavior and just slap a pre-show disclaimer at the beginning of each show if it brings them more young viewers.

I'm not saying CN picking up Dan VS couldn't happen, just that it's a long shot, especially if the reason that The Hub dropped Dan was out of concern that outraged parents consider Dan a bad role model for kids, which, to be fair, he is, or rather he would be, if these same PTA members fail to take into account the obvious fact that Dan isn't supposed to be any kind of role model.

gunswordfist

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Is that true? That's pretty cool!  8)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton