South Park

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 31, 2010, 01:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

That season finale was great.  ;D 
I'm glad to see that PC Principle is going to be sticking around.  He was a nice addition to the cast.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 04, 2016, 07:06:15 AM
Further proof that this season was the best in years: It pissed off Moviebob.

Its funny how its mostly SJWs or people who agree with them that are the ones who hated it. What a bunch of pretentious nonsense.

Foggle

What even is an SJW these days? The term has lost all meaning to me over the past year. I used to think it meant armchair activists who acted like assholes, but then it seemed to become a condescending synonym for progressives, and now I see it used as a word to describe anyone who disagrees with the speaker.

Moviebob is the worst, though.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2016, 11:56:36 AM
What even is an SJW these days? The term has lost all meaning to me over the past year. I used to think it meant armchair activists who acted like assholes, but then it seemed to become a condescending synonym for progressives, and now I see it used as a word to describe anyone who disagrees with the speaker.

You had it right the first time, don't let anyone fool you. There's always going to be some nimrods that ride coattails.

Foggle

Ah, okay. I can get behind that usage. :)

Still need to watch the last 2-3 seasons of South Park. :'( My TV backlog is so huge.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 04, 2016, 12:16:09 PM

You had it right the first time, don't let anyone fool you. There's always going to be some nimrods that ride coattails.

Isn't that what MovieBob basically is? I still remember when he took the Gamergate episode of Law and Order seriously. How far removed from reality can you be?

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 05, 2016, 07:33:26 AM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 04, 2016, 12:16:09 PM

Isn't that what MovieBob basically is? I still remember when he took the Gamergate episode of Law and Order seriously. How far removed from reality can you be?

Yes, I believe you're right. He like others just tries to make up for having a lack of friends by clinging to whatever group of people that will listen to them. Especially when its a group that cuddles around freaks like Movie Bob.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here's a great video about how South Park's previous season (season 19) is one of the most intelligent and hilarious things to have aired on TV in recent years: https://youtu.be/MG7y8J0DXhU

Seriously, if you guys haven't watched it, you really need to check out this season. It's arguably the best season of the entire show to date.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 03, 2016, 09:00:54 AM
Here's a great video about how South Park's previous season (season 19) is one of the most intelligent and hilarious things to have aired on TV in recent years: https://youtu.be/MG7y8J0DXhU

Seriously, if you guys haven't watched it, you really need to check out this season. It's arguably the best season of the entire show to date.

I don't even consider myself a big fan, but this season was amazing. It IS the absolute best they've done, as far I'm concerned. Not just because they mocked SJWs (or cry-bullies as I prefer), but because PC Principal is the most hilarious character they've added in by far. He's added new life to the show.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daikun on June 16, 2016, 05:18:00 AM
The show may be ending soon.
QuoteDiscussing the series' future, Parker suggested that the pair may do semi-serialisation on TV and concentrate on the gaming world.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Didn't Comedy Central announce that they have Trey and Matt contracted to produce the show up to season 23 before they would have to either end it or renew it again? So, we should still be getting at least four more seasons of South Park unless Trey and Matt have somehow found a way to back out of that deal.

Dr. Insomniac

Lately, I've been thinking about how people don't like Trey and Matt's philosophy throughout the show, that both sides of a political situation can be just as bad. How that paints a smugly cynical approach on how the world works, except that's not the case at all. They're not saying that any decision you make on the political spectrum is bad, it's just that radicalism is a shitty thing to do no matter what side you're on, and how the left and the right go so far apart that they somehow collide back together again. I had that moment when watching an Alex Jones video and going on a Marxist tumblr blog, and they both said the same thing about the government and how they want to dismantle it, right down to the same exact conspiracy theories. Then I went on even more extreme leftist and alt-right articles and saw they both made the same paranoia-laced arguments regarding how obsolete societal norms are and shit, both so far up their own asses to read their own words and realize how homogeneous radical politics can be. How a crackpot can view the Communist Manifesto the same way a Fundamentalist sees the Old Testament. And I believe that's what makes South Park stand out where other politically-charged cartoons flounder.