What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

So today was another movie day. This time it was a rewatch though, and the movie was E.T. Still a lovely family film. I remember, when i was young, the last 40 minutes of the movie used to scare me, like when E.T. gets really sick and turns white, and all those government agents come into the house in hazmat suites. That whole section is still emotional.

Might do another movie tonight.

Avaitor

Muppets Most Wanted was even better than the last one! I van't recommend it enough.

And the Monsters University short beforehand was great.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I watched Bicycle Thieves. It was good. The film just kind of ends though.

talonmalon333

Has anyone here seen any of the Terminator movies after the first two?

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Commode

^Yep.

Although Rise of the Machines is alright on it's own, it still doesn't hold a candle to the Cameron movies.  Salvation blows, skip it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

I never plan on watching either movie after the first two. The event of Judgement Day was entirely prevented therefore making any further sequel impossible, non-canon, and downright pointless.

Avaitor

But Emilia Clarke is gonna be Sarah Connor in the new one. I have interest in that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

But we already have a Sarah Connor, and she was in the only two movies required.

Spark Of Spirit

The thing is, a movie that takes place in the future before Kyle Reese is sent back would have been a great idea for a movie (In fact, it is the only Terminator "sequel" that would work). But they messed it up.

Now I just ignore anything to do with it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 31, 2014, 05:08:35 PM
The thing is, a movie that takes place in the future before Kyle Reese is sent back would have been a great idea for a movie (In fact, it is the only Terminator "sequel" that would work). But they messed it up.

Now I just ignore anything to do with it.

I spent two minutes trying to decide how to respond to this post, but the time travel mechanics of Terminator confused me too much to come up with an adequate response, being that the future Kyle Reese comes from can't exactly take place anymore now that the war was prevented (even though that future did happen... before it was stopped), making it hard to imagine how a movie could be made out of it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually found 3 to be worse than Salvation, but that's like comparing Alien 3 to Resurrection, or Ninja Gaiden 3 to Z (just because I'll reference the NG series wherever possible, even in a completely unrelated medium). At the end of the day, it's a moot point, because neither are worth your time nor have any justification to exist.

Spark Of Spirit

Terminator 3 has a lot in common with Alien 3, actually. They both have absolutely no respect for the story that came before and attempt to write a story that invalidates the entire point of it in order to justify its existence.

Suffice to say, the Alien series also ends with Aliens.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As an unpopular opinion, I still like Prometheus, and I don't have a problem considering it as part of Alien canon.