What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Similarly, the Halloween series ends with the original Halloween. Continuing the series, humanizing Michael Myers, and ultimately killing him completely misses the point of the first movie because Michael Myers is not human. He is the Shape, or rather, the Boogeyman. And you can't kill the boogieman. Therefore, any movie that misses these important story and thematic points cannot be canon.

Avaitor

Just like there shouldn't have been another Men in Black after Agent K retired at the end of the first.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I've still never seen a Men In Black sequel. I guess I really have no interest in them.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 31, 2014, 05:34:53 PM
Similarly, the Halloween series ends with the original Halloween. Continuing the series, humanizing Michael Myers, and ultimately killing him completely misses the point of the first movie because Michael Myers is not human. He is the Shape, or rather, the Boogeyman. And you can't kill the boogieman. Therefore, any movie that misses these important story and thematic points cannot be canon.
Like giving him a past in the Rob Zombie movies. That was a dumb move.

Not like I've seen them or anything. Rob Zombie does gore, not horror.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Rob Zombie's style is great for his music videos, but he is not a good film director.

He's also only an average musician to begin with. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kerry King prefers Zombie's Halloween movies to the original. He has pretty weak taste when it comes to horror movies. Or anything, really. He's the one who wants to keep Slayer going without Jeff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on March 31, 2014, 05:01:05 PM
^Yep.

Although Rise of the Machines is alright on it's own, it still doesn't hold a candle to the Cameron movies.  Salvation blows, skip it.
There's no fucking way 4 is worse than 3. T3 has a rail cannon for an arm and could control all machines including Arnold and could still not kill Connor or destroy Arnold. What a stupid movie.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 31, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
But Emilia Clarke is gonna be Sarah Connor in the new one. I have interest in that.
...there's going to be a new one? The only post T2 anything I like is the early episodes I've seen of Sarah Connor Chronicles. I like Queen Gorgo as Sarah.

No-Personality

Hobo with a Shotgun:

See. This. Movie. NOW!
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

gunswordfist

?!! I've honestly been thinking about that movie today and for awhile before that. I haven't seen it yet but I heard about it in the comments about music from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Power Glove did the music for both) and it was mentioning in an article about the TMNT remake trailer. :D I hope Netflix has it.

No-Personality

I Googled the song on the end credits, "Run with Us," because I know I've heard it somewhere... but I'll be damned if I have a clue where that may be. It's got to be an 80's classic of some kind.

I guess it's like with me and that band that does "The Warrior," Scandal? I thought I knew all the major 80's touchstones and, yet, not.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Spark Of Spirit

Watching First Blood.

Still like it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's the only Rambo movie that I care about. It's a shame that people remember the series more for its generic action sequel. The first film is still a classic, though.

Spark Of Spirit

They just added the first three Rambo movies to Netflix here, but First Blood has always been far and away the best one. One of Stallone's best with Rocky, Copland, and Rocky Balboa.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 09, 2014, 08:24:42 PM
That's the only Rambo movie that I care about. It's a shame that people remember the series more for its generic action sequel. The first film is still a classic, though.
I should have known someone here would hate it. I don't care what anyone says, I love both films equally.

talonmalon333

What do you guys think is the best Indiana Jones movie?

gunswordfist

The first one. I'm going to have to rewatch all of them though.