What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sounds cool. I probably won't get to check out the movie for a while, since it's only on a limited release in certain theaters for now.

Avaitor

Sorry I didn't make a GOTG talkback thread. I was out for the weekend, so I didn't get the chance.

But I just saw it, and wow, was it great! I liked it about as much as TWS, myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on August 05, 2014, 04:44:14 PM
Sorry I didn't make a GOTG talkback thread. I was out for the weekend, so I didn't get the chance.

But I just saw it, and wow, was it great! I liked it about as much as TWS, myself.

TWS?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 05, 2014, 04:48:01 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on August 05, 2014, 04:44:14 PM

TWS?
The Willy's Silly

talonmalon333

While Guardians of the Galaxy was great, I think The Willy's Silly blew it out of the water.

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 05, 2014, 04:50:45 PM
While Guardians of the Galaxy was great, I think The Willy's Silly blew it out of the water.
Y'no what, you're damn right!

but seriously, The Winter Soldier
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

True. My best friend's initials are KKK.

Knowing his parents, I'm not sure if they planned that or not.

New blog!

Inkwolf

About 3/4ths through Divergent on DVD.  Not terribly impressed. I'm having the feeling that if I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't be sure what was going on. On the other hand, already knowing the plot, it's becoming a bore to watch. Stuck too close to the book, except for removing some scenes. I'm not sure if the movie fails at creating the necessary tension, or it's just unengaging because I already know what happens.

I was thinking, if it wasn't overly violent, maybe I could show it at the library. Then I ended up being annoyed that some of the more violent stuff from the book was not there.
Spoiler
(The girl that got killed jumping out of the train, Peter stabbing his competitor in the eye with a butter knife while he slept.  Peter is coming off as nothing but an obnoxious jerk, instead of a psychopath.)
[close]

For the record, I was not a particular fan of the book, either, though it's reasonably decent in the flood of angsty semi-dystopia books that followed the success of The Hunger Games.  (What do you call this genre, anyway? A dystopia is a story where a 'paradise' disguises a horrible secret, but these books all have openly oppressive, awful societies where the horrible underlying truth is just icing on the cake.)

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Spark Of Spirit

I call it a fad.  :P

I saw The Hunger Games and really wasn't impressed. Battle Royale already did this and was way more unsettling than THG tries to be.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Battle Royale >>>>> The Hunger Games

Inkwolf

Yeah, The Hunger Games was only okay.  But the sequel, Catching Fire, was much better, in my opinion.

I haven't seen Battle Royale.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Foggle

I thought the new TMNT movie looked godawful, but this leaked footage really won me over. http://vimeo.com/65627200