6- The Death of Eric Cartman
7- Woodland Critter Christmas
8- Trapped in the Closet
9- With Apologies to Jesse Jackson
10-12- Imaginationland trilogy
13- Eat, Prey, Queef
14- Dances with Smurfs
15- You're Getting Old
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah...I stil don't agree at all with the notion the first three seasons were awful. Season 2 has it's weak parts, but 3 and 1 are golden through and through and overall all three are very good television. And I really like "Chef is Nanners," "South Park is Gay," and I love "Stanley's Cup," but I quess those episodes just didn't meet their expectations. Still, they are all much, much better than "Pip" and "A Million Little Fibers;" those two episodes are shit.

Foggle

The first three seasons aren't as strong as some of the later ones, but I think it's unfair to say that they were completely bad. I love many episodes from them, like Pinkeye, Starvin' Marvin, Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut (both parts), Chickenlover, Clubhouses, Spookyfish, Rainforest Shmainforest, and Chinpokomon, among others. Not to mention the movie, which was made during season 2 I believe.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

"The Death of Eric Cartman" Was another great episode that I completely forgot to mention. I don't agree with Matt and Trey that the first 3 seasons were all bad, though, but I guess from their perspective it was humor that they have now completely grown out of.

SSJ Jake

Huh, Stanley's Cup is their least favorite episode? I know fans liked this episode but I mutually agree with them. With an exception for the finale, I found the episode very boring and predictable.
Spoiler
From the get go I knew it was building up to the team getting their ass kicked by adult hockey players and the sick boy dying, which was pretty funny but the rest of the episode just felt like padding to me.
[close]
The first three seasons lack greatness that later seasons have, though have their moments, especially Chinpokomon. I also liked Chef Goes Nanners and South Park is Gay, while kind of stupid, was stupid in a hilarious way. Also kudos to them for placing the Terrence and Phillip episode as their number 1. It's not the best episode in my opinion but it's decent (again, stupid but funny) and I think it only gets much gripe from the fact that it was Trey and Matt trolling their fans.

I'll be sure to list my favorite episodes sometime later.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Commode

I never understood their hate for the first three seasons, some of my favorite episodes are contained therein.  I've seen Sexual Harassment Panda a hell of a lot more times than I can count, but it's one of the episodes I consistently can laugh at.

And holy shit, Pip.  I always hated when CC reran that episode, because it always forced me to change the channel.  Stupid character gets his own stupid episode loosely based off a stupid book(I fucking hate Great Expectations).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: SSJ Jake on May 12, 2013, 05:29:16 PM
Huh, Stanley's Cup is their least favorite episode? I know fans liked this episode but I mutually agree with them. With an exception for the finale, I found the episode very boring and predictable.
Spoiler
From the get go I knew it was building up to the team getting their ass kicked by adult hockey players and the sick boy dying, which was pretty funny but the rest of the episode just felt like padding to me.
[close]

Eh, I disagree. The episode purposely followed a predictable formula because it was mocking the predictable formula of most sports movies. The point was in the jokes it got across for every sports movie cliche which I felt it nailed at each point as it followed along the basic plot structure of a typical sports movie. At any rate, I certainly could never find the episode boring, myself, and I still find it to be one of the more underrated episodes in the series. But, to each their own, I suppose.

QuoteI also liked Chef Goes Nanners and South Park is Gay

I did actually enjoy both of those episodes, myself. I'd even say that Chef Goes Nanners had a good message going for it, so I certainly wouldn't consider it one of the worst SP episodes. I can see why people would hate South Park Is Gay, and that's completely justified, but I'd be lying by saying that I didn't at least get a few laughs out of it.

LumRanmaYasha

I actually liked the character of Pip a lot, but Butters completely surpasses him in terms of both usability and likability.

Avaitor

I like "South Park is Gay" until the crab people show up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I love the Crab people scenes. I can never stop laughing at their theme music. :D

Avaitor

I just don't like it when Matt and Trey revert to blaming certain issues or fads on cults and conspiracies. Usually it feels like lazy writing when they go that route, and it especially felt that way here IMO.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on May 12, 2013, 09:46:41 PM
I just don't like it when Matt and Trey revert to blaming certain issues or fads on cults and conspiracies. Usually it feels like lazy writing when they go that route, and it especially felt that way here IMO.

To be fair, even Matt and Trey hated doing that as well. Their excuse is that, like in many cases, they ran out of time to come up with any better ideas, so they just went with crab people. I'm not saying its justified, but at least it makes sense why it ended up that way.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 12, 2013, 09:50:40 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on May 12, 2013, 09:46:41 PM

To be fair, even Matt and Trey hated doing that as well. Their excuse is that, like in many cases, they ran out of time to come up with any better ideas, so they just went with crab people. I'm not saying its justified, but at least it makes sense why it ended up that way.
That's fair. I mean, I'm fine with it sometimes, but this wasn't one of my favorite cases.

New blog!

SSJ Jake

Another problem I find is when they come up with a fantastic episode (usually two/three parters) and the next episode is crap. The biggest example being the awful A Million Little Fibers following up the two great Cartoon Wars episodes. I don't blame them too much though as it's hard to out do something great in such minimal time therefore the following episode may suffer. Not always the case, but has been several times. Maybe their ten episode limit this upcoming season will help fix the problem.

As for the Crab People bit, you either love it or hate it. It was a cheap cop out due to time constraints and was idiotic, but good idiotic in my eyes.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Dr. Insomniac

I found the Crab People joke to be so stupid, that it just went right back to being hilarious. You just keep expecting some mastermind, only to find out that they're just Crab People. The song helps as well.