Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Hey, I dislike David Spade as much as the next guy(he was alright when teamed up with Chris Farley; fuck ya'll, Tommy Boy is a fucking classic), but he was hilarious in this.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I don't think it's too unpopular to dislike the current Clone Wars series. I know that I gave up on it after the first season, and it doesn't sound like it really got any better ever since I did.

Do we really need five seasons explaining what happened in between Episodes II and III? We know Anakin's padawan is going to die while he and Obi-Won make it to the next movie, so why can't we just move on?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, Thief and the Cobbler just has such a basic plot. Williams took decades to animate it, but couldn't bother to make a good story in all that time?

Daxdiv

Guess Williams was doing it for the art. Guess he should have hired a writer during that time or something.

talonmalon333

Wait, does Thief and the Cobbler have a fanbase?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 10, 2012, 06:13:05 PM
A small one that only grew when the Recobbled Cut was made.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 10, 2012, 06:14:09 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Supposedly that was close to the original vision of the film.

At any rate, it's not really fair to bash the movie for not being written well. I mean, the creator of it was kicked out.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 10, 2012, 06:20:01 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 10, 2012, 06:14:09 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Supposedly that was close to the original vision of the film.

At any rate, it's not really fair to bash the movie for not being written well. I mean, the creator of it was kicked out.
He took several decades to make it on his own before producers thought he was running too slow.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on October 10, 2012, 05:57:00 PM
I don't think it's too unpopular to dislike the current Clone Wars series. I know that I gave up on it after the first season, and it doesn't sound like it really got any better ever since I did.

Do we really need five seasons explaining what happened in between Episodes II and III? We know Anakin's padawan is going to die while he and Obi-Won make it to the next movie, so why can't we just move on?
:wth: I never even thought about that.

I believe I gave the show a try when Sym-Bionic Titan debuted and there was a new Rex and I believe Batman TBATB episode coming on in the same night and I just gave up any chance of me ever watching it again after seeing how dry it was.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mr. Big

Like SSJ Jake, I don't mind the bronies. Even the most obnoxious ones are no worse than other annoying animation fans.

Of course, I like FiM, so I could be biased.  ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: SSJ Jake on October 10, 2012, 05:50:47 PM
-I don't like The Emperor's New Groove. Not even Patrick Warburton and Ertha Kitt could save the movie for me. On it's own it's an average movie at best, but then make David Spade the main character and you've got a piece of crap, in my opinion at least. Can't say I like the guy.

Well, I don't have any problems with David Spade, myself, but I do agree that this movie is pretty overrated. I never saw why so many people seemed to like it, myself.

Quote-I hate The Clone Wars, that is the CGI series currently airing, not Tartakovsky's miniseries.

Personally I dislike both of them, but admittedly I haven't actually watched that much of the CG one.

Silverstar

Quote from: Avaitor on October 10, 2012, 05:57:00 PM

I could never get into Clone Wars. Not only because it pretty much sends continuity circling down the drain (there's no way all of these events could've gone down between Episodes 2 and 3) but it's impossible for me to accept Anakin Skywalker as the handsome dashing hero of the piece, knowing full well that at some point he's going to go insane, betray his master, kill an entire room full of children, lose an arm, lose his wife in childbirth, get his face melted off, get attached to a respirator and become the new Lord of the Sith. Bearing all this in mind makes that McDonald's commercial where Anakin hands a kid a Happy Meal very creepy indeed.

Quote from: SSJ Jake-I like The Looney Tunes Show.

Same here. I know it's become fashionable to piss on it (that's all pretty much everybody on Toon Zone and The Big Cartoon Database does) but even though I think there's room for improvement (it really just needs a little more slapstick and constant background music IMO), I can't bring myself to hate the show; in fact I can't really hate anything Looney Tunes related, except for the Hippety Hopper and Daffy & Speedy shorts. I couldn't stand those.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Goldstar

Quote from: SSJ Jake-I think Pelswick isn't as bad as many make it out to be. I used to hate it but now that I know more about it's creator I have more respect for the show.

Pelswick was always just average for me. I didn't love it nor hate it. The only thing about Pelswick that I actively didn't like was how Pelswick's mom was alive in the comic strip but was killed off for the TV show for some reason. I'm really getting tired of mothers being dead in TV shows and movies. However, when I learned more about the series' creator John Callahan, I gained a new respect for the show. I was sad when I learned that he died.

Quote-I don't really mind Bronies as much as some do. Just a bunch of geeks having fun.

Agreed. I don't get the Brony thing myself, but it's harmless. The hardcore fans of Raven on Teen Titans: TAS were far more annoying than the Bronies.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Silverstar on October 11, 2012, 07:41:54 AM
Bearing all this in mind makes that McDonald's commercial where Anakin hands a kid a Happy Meal very creepy indeed.
:lol:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

From what I heard, not only does Clone Wars not fit into the films, it can't even fit into that clusterfuck of an Expanded Universe. And that quashes my hopes to see Thrawn on-screen.