What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

i wasn't paying attention, lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

What's everyone's favorite black & white western comics books? All of mine are of course all of my favorite indie comics (The Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim, Scud and Infinite Kungfu)

LumRanmaYasha

Persepolis, Maus, Zot, and Scott Pilgrim immediately come to mind for me.

gunswordfist

:unimpressed: I have not read the former 3.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The original TMNT run, on top of the stuff already mentioned.

Foggle

gunswordfist

You have always loved those comics, Fog.

EK, have you read everything that has been mentioned before you? Just curious, And bored. Mostly bored.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not all of those. No. I have checked out parts of most of those series, but haven't finished reading any.

gunswordfist

I need to read TMNT. Don't know why I haven't yet..Also, does anyone know if all of the original run came out in color yet?

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My older brother has been reading that one lately. I should ask to borrow it from him when he's done.

Pharass

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 04, 2015, 02:14:29 AM
From Hell.

My favorite Alan Moore comic. What do you think about it, Dr?

I recently read Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann and Kerascoët. You know, I honestly can't remember when I last read a comic that lived up to its title, so well. Beautiful? The water-colored artwork is lovely to look at. As for the "Darkness" part? Yeah, this book is dark alright. Its a story filled with cruel acts, some of them thoughtless, others calculated and deliberate. Not even the kindly, naive heroine manages to stay untainted by all the shit that goes on around her. Great read, its the second comic I've read written by Vehlmann and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite writers in the medium.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Add Parker and Donnie (Criminal Volume 1: Coward) to my list of favorite comic book noir characters (even if Parker is a book adaptation). My favorite noir comics off of the top of my head:

100 Bullets
Criminal
Batman Thrillkiller
Batman Nine Lives
Spider-Man Noir (ok, this is really a stretch)

I'm drawing blanks here, lol.

gunswordfist

Does anyone know of any good Spy, Noir and/or Undercover comics? Thanks in advance.

Pharass

For spy-comics, I'd recommend Queen and Country by Greg Rucka. As for noir? Try Stray Bullets by David Lapham.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.