What Movie Did You Just Watch

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I watched City Of Violence yesterday. Meh, it was okay. They should have just focused on the fighting instead of trying to be all cool and gritty and "deep".
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I think I'll watch Not Another Teen Movie later today. After recently watching The Breakfast Club and 10 Things I Hate About You for the first time, as well as watching Nostalgia Chick's review of She's All That, I'm in the mood.

It's easily the best spoof movie made in the past 15 years. Because it's actually a spoof movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just re-watched An American Werewolf in London last night. Terrific movie, and while I don't consider it to be a full horror movie as most of the horror elements are only contained in some jump-scare scenes at the very beginning and towards the end of the film, it is a genuinely unique and interesting movie. It successfully combines elements of humor and comedy, and a little bit of romance in with some horror-themed elements. I like the characters and atmosphere and I think its a genuinely great movie.

I think I may create a talkback for it later on.

Avaitor

I decided to watch City Lights instead.

Is it an unpopular opinion to say that I love silent pictures? Because I do. Especially Chaplin.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I saw Puss In Boots yesterday.

LOVED it. I've been waiting for this since Shrek 2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Pharass

Quote from: Avaitor on November 24, 2011, 02:37:48 PM
I decided to watch City Lights instead.

Is it an unpopular opinion to say that I love silent pictures? Because I do. Especially Chaplin.

Some of my favorite movies are silent pictures: The Man Who Laughs for example, or Dr Mabuse.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Rushmore

I was enjoying it when it was on, until I got around the halfway mark, and I started to wonder, "what's the point"? Like, there really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why this film exists or if it's trying to prove anything, which would be fine if it didn't seem like it was supposed to say something.

I dunno, I might be reading too much into it, but I feel underwhelmed overall.

New blog!

Commode

Ten years LTTP, but I finally watched Jackass The Movie.  Aside from a few funny moments, God what an amazing amount of stupidity(I know it's supposed to be dumb, but still).  And to think there are people who hold this series in high regard.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

The highlight of that movie is when they played "Angel of Death".

Otherwise all things Jackass blow.

New blog!

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

So yeah, Tintin. I quite adored it, if only for Haddock. More movies need a Captain Haddock.

gunswordfist

On Thursday I watched Thor (irony!) and Aliens for the first time. Thor is probably the best Marvel film I've ever seen. Not perfect thanks to how boring it is to watch Thor stranded in the middle of nowhere but besides that, it was good.

I watched Aliens Director's Cut. I finally watched the Colonial Marines game videos because I wanted to watch the film 1st to avoid spoilers. It's criminal that the automated guns scene was not in the theater version which it wasn't according to the Gearbox president. I saw no scenes that seemed out of place. One of the best director's cuts I've ever seen.

Lord Dalek

Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows. A huge disappointment after the first one (think Dead Man's Chest to it's Curse of the Black Pearl)

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 27, 2011, 09:09:14 AM
I watched Aliens Director's Cut. I finally watched the Colonial Marines game videos because I wanted to watch the film 1st to avoid spoilers. It's criminal that the automated guns scene was not in the theater version which it wasn't according to the Gearbox president. I saw no scenes that seemed out of place. One of the best director's cuts I've ever seen.
Yeah the automatic smart gun turrets got cut because Aliens was released just before the advent of multiplexes when films only ran on one screen in the whole building. Therefore you couldn't make the film longer than two hours to keep audiences coming and going and turn a profit.

I think it says a lot that it and The Abyss appear to be the only extended cuts of James Cameron films that he seems to prefer.

gunswordfist

Shit, multiplexes didn't come around until the 80s? I had no fucking clue.

Also, Terminator 2's deleted scenes were horribly out of place in its extended cut. I love Biehn but it made sense that he was completely cut out of the movie.

Pharass

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 22, 2011, 06:03:19 AM
So yeah, Tintin. I quite adored it, if only for Haddock. More movies need a Captain Haddock.

He's definitely one of my favorite sidekicks in comics. I haven't seen the new Tintin yet, but I hope it's a success, because maybe then, it will encourage more film-makers to make movies based on European comics. I want my Blake & Mortimer movie, damn it!

That reminds me the first live-action Tintin from the 60's was pretty entertaining. I especially loved that whenever the bad guys' symbol (a red crocodile, I think) showed up on-screen, sinister music would play.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.