The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

The fuck, Capcom? :shit: Why you got to do my favorite series like this?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2015, 11:22:36 PM
They expect a 7 year old game to compete with the likes of other NEW big-budget AAA games coming out this summer as well, such as Arkham Knight and MGSV, and if it can't sell well enough by losing out to juggernauts like those, then it means that people just aren't interested in DMC as a series anymore.
Not only is it competing with Arkham Knight, both games are releasing the same day, and DMC4SE is download-only in the west.

We don't even need to wait and see. Devil May Cry is dead.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Capcom absolutely disgusts me.

The third party company that was arguably one of the greatest of the 90's and early to mid 2000's has been reduced to this.

I mean, how could you even contemplate re-releasing a game next to a new release that will obviously crush it on terms of both sales and reviews and somehow expect the game to do anything less than piss-awful in terms of financial gains? The answer is that you can't, if you're the least bit competent in terms of business common sense. Capcom basically wants this game to fail, and also wants to take a steaming dump on fans while it bombs.

gunswordfist

Sad to think that both MGS and DMC were big on PS2 and it has come to this. Hell, both of their publishers are dicks and both were arguably the best 3rd party during the time period you mentioned.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yes, the "fans didn't want MML3 hard enough so we had to cancel it" ploy.

Worked so great for it then, didn't it?

Sorry guys, DMC is done.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Who is currently in charge of Capcom? They aren't the same people before, clearly.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Boy, he's been feeling energetic the last few days.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I had to unfollow him during E3 because I couldn't keep up with anything else. :D

Foggle

What if Kamiya really is making DMC5...

gunswordfist

:o That would be my equivalent of Platinum working on Nier.

Foggle

Now we just need Itagaki to work with Platinum on Ninja Gaiden 4 and Retro to develop a new Mega Man...

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, there was that odd Kamiya tweet about working with Capcom from a few days ago....

My equivalent of Nier 2 (and I still want to play the first game when I finally get done with the crap that I'm currently dealing with) would be Ninja Gaiden Black 2 made by VGS, with Itagaki getting as much budget and development time as he needs from a publisher that won't go under and using an advanced version of the DOA engine (something that he actually had a huge part in designing from the ground up, so he really understands how to use it).

That would be the game to end all games.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 20, 2015, 11:22:04 PM
My equivalent of Nier 2 (and I still want to play the first game when I finally get done with the crap that I'm currently dealing with) would be Ninja Gaiden Black 2 made by VGS
I only just now remembered that Itagaki actually had a new studio and wasn't just contracting like Yoko. D'oh! :whuh: A new NG by VGS would be beautiful.

The first Nier is amazing, but don't pay too much for it unless you're really jonesing for a story-focused action RPG. The gameplay is creative and a lot more fun than people give it credit for, but it's not a main draw by any means. Though Platinum will probably change that...