Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on September 18, 2011, 10:01:10 PM
So I wanna teach a class on how Boy Meets World, Sonic Youth, and the work of Kubrick have impacted society.

I know these three things have nothing in common. That's why I want to lump them together.
Hey, if they can have classes based on Buffy and The Wire, then go for it.

Daxdiv

Teach me the ways, oh grand master DLA! I have so much to learn.

Dr. Insomniac

Got into a confrontation with one of those LaRouche/PAC guys who keep insisting that Obama's the next Hitler and fascism's taking over America just because both the US and Weimar Germany suffered from inflation.

So the dollar value getting slightly lower is just like having your civil rights taken and being thrown into a camp where you'll be worked to death. Got it.

Avaitor

I make a joke to one of my followers, she sends me blue waffle in my tumblr inbox.

Gah.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Oh... you mean she sent you one of these?

=D

Avaitor

Didn't reply because I don't want to click, but yes, I'll assume so.

Also Insommy, make your own damn tumblr already. Or at least stop stalking mine if you're going to stick to anon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on October 06, 2011, 01:44:42 PM

Also Insommy, make your own damn tumblr already. Or at least stop stalking mine if you're going to stick to anon.
I would, but don't feel like I have anything important to say that's not bite-sized. And I doubt anybody would give a fuck about it if I made one.

So some guy monitoring the gate at the subway whispered "chink" right to my face. Haven't been called that since middle school, so I can't help but be kind of shocked by it.

Avaitor

I dunno, you should be able to make a following out of the Doctor Who or whatever else blogs out there.

And fuck that guy. He's probably just jealous of your good grades.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on October 06, 2011, 01:44:42 PM

lol, it's not gross; trust me. It's literally a picture of a waffle colored blue; not the, ahem, actual meaning of the term "blue waffle". =P

Foggle

I'm dropping out of college to work full time. There are a lot of reasons for my decision to do this, but mostly it's because it gives me no time for my passion (writing) and has been destroying my soul in the process. Yeah, that sounds like some hippie shit, but whatever. I'd rather be working class and follow my heart than endure another 3.5+ years of a pointless degree hunt to get some shitty journalist or teaching job that I wouldn't want anyway. I don't need classes to tell me how to write, nor do I need a degree to prove that I can.

Since I'm going to be working full time while also taking some classes as a part time student and trying to write the best damn novel I possibly can, I won't have much time to do articles and stuff for AR (kind of like now), but I will try to crank out a few from time to time. I know for a fact I'll be doing a review of Higurashi Kira once it's finished and will hopefully be able to complete my critique of Kiba around January.

Avaitor

Can I at least suggest that you finish the semester, so in case you change your mind and want to enroll back into college, you have what you took prior to drop out?

I've honestly thought about doing this before, but could never go through with it. But i you think it's the best for you, more power to ya.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the idea of dropping out has occasionally passed through my mind. Though I know that if I do so, I'll probably just end up doing nothing but sitting around. Plus, my parents would treat me like I'm dead more often than usual.

I mean, yeah, it's a bit pointless, but it's something to fall back on. I want to see if I can make the Dr. in my username legitimate (which will probably never happen, but I can always dream).

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on October 14, 2011, 07:37:45 PM
Can I at least suggest that you finish the semester, so in case you change your mind and want to enroll back into college, you have what you took prior to drop out?
Oh, definitely. That's the plan!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Foggle on October 14, 2011, 07:13:47 PM
I'm dropping out of college to work full time. There are a lot of reasons for my decision to do this, but mostly it's because it gives me no time for my passion (writing) and has been destroying my soul in the process. Yeah, that sounds like some hippie shit, but whatever. I'd rather be working class and follow my heart than endure another 3.5+ years of a pointless degree hunt to get some shitty journalist or teaching job that I wouldn't want anyway. I don't need classes to tell me how to write, nor do I need a degree to prove that I can.

You are a braver man than I am dude. Good on you for giving up this wild goose chase and just doing what you want.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on October 18, 2011, 11:33:34 PM
Quote from: Foggle on October 14, 2011, 07:13:47 PM

You are a braver man than I am dude. Good on you for giving up this wild goose chase and just doing what you want.
Maybe not so brave. I don't think I'll have truly made up my mind until after this semester ends. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of all possible options and such.