Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Kiddington on February 11, 2012, 07:49:27 PM
I have never understood the appeal to podcasts.

Really.
Yeah, I don't either. I was just going to go in for fun.

Spark Of Spirit

Really.
About 98% of podcasts are boring because it's just people talking about things awkwardly with no energy or enthusiasm. But they can be fun 1% of the time when the people involved sound like they're having fun and a real conversation.

I detest the ones the music music breaks, though. That's just lazy. (They also never pick good music)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 11, 2012, 07:53:11 PM
About 98% of podcasts are boring because it's just people talking about things awkwardly with no energy or enthusiasm.
Yeah, the KKK is especially guilty about that. Hence why I haven't been on in months.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 11, 2012, 07:26:00 PM
Two of the members are about a second away from ragequitting just because I don't follow them on Twitter.
What the fuck, that sounds retarded. Glad I wasn't able to join in. Are they all high school girls or something?

QuoteI also got called a "pissant indie snob".
What the shitcock? Why? Because you have actual taste? I know many pretentious "indie" elitists, and you are absolutely not one of them. If I was there, I would've told them to fuck off.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 11, 2012, 07:50:53 PM

Really.
Yeah, I don't either. I was just going to go in for fun.
That's why I want to do an AR podcast! It'd just be us having fun saying ridiculous things in ridiculous voices. ;D

I detest the ones the music music breaks, though. That's just lazy. (They also never pick good music)
What are you talking about here? Sorry, I don't listen to podcasts. At all. Ever.

And for the record, I'd pick good music. ;)

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on February 11, 2012, 08:10:11 PM
About 98% of podcasts are boring because it's just people talking about things awkwardly with no energy or enthusiasm.
Yeah, the KKK is especially guilty about that. Hence why I haven't been on in months.
It's amazing they are still bothering to do that one.  Who's all in on it now?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 09, 2012, 06:47:20 PM
I'm going to be taking a train tomorrow, the first one I've taken in well over a decade (almost two!) so wish me luck. I tend to get pointlessly nervous over such things.
You sound like:

I've never been on a train so don't come back with a story that would make me not ever want to get one, if you even come back at all.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I lived!

Quote from: Foggle on February 11, 2012, 08:12:19 PM
What are you talking about here? Sorry, I don't listen to podcasts. At all. Ever.

And for the record, I'd pick good music. ;)
Some podcasts, to edit out awkward silences or beats in a conversation edit in music between segments. Half the time it's hipster trash and half the time it's mainstream trash. But rarely does it ever seem to have anything to do with the conversation of the actual cast.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Which is the only reason why I made that joke. Knowing my luck, the train would have blown up or some shit if I said anything beforehand. :wth:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I like listening to podcasts cause they kind of remind me of the talk radio shows out there. I just love hearing people shoot the shit with one another about certain things. Provided I only listen to a few out there, mostly DaizEX and sometimes Kritzkast.

I feel bad when people complain about voices in these since I don't consider my voice to exactly be easy listening to. From the few people I talk to on Skype they're OK with my voice or don't make fun of me, which is good, but I'm sort of self conscious about it.

Dr. Insomniac

Okay, now it's just us reading shitty fanfic to each other. Problem is, I don't have any fanfic to read.

Foggle

TOPLESS ROBOT

JILL VALENTINE IN SNAKE IN THE GRASS OR THE MY LITTLE PONIES IN MARE'S MILK OR REAL STEEL DELETED SCENE

PLEASE

PLEASE

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on February 11, 2012, 08:44:39 PM
TOPLESS ROBOT

JILL VALENTINE IN SNAKE IN THE GRASS OR THE MY LITTLE PONIES IN MARE'S MILK OR REAL STEEL DELETED SCENE

PLEASE

PLEASE
Yeah, give me some pony fanfic to read.

Spark Of Spirit

Your voice is fine, Dax.   :thumbup:

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 11, 2012, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: Foggle on February 11, 2012, 08:44:39 PM
TOPLESS ROBOT

PLEASE

PLEASE
Yeah, give me some pony fanfic to read.
Just read our Fan Attack thread. I'm sure there's a good speech or two in there you can co-opt.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 11, 2012, 08:48:23 PM
Your voice is fine, Dax.   :thumbup:
You guys talk on Skype? I shall join you sometime! I think only Avaitor has heard my voice, though that was years ago...