Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I've got 3 finals next week so I won't be done until Thursday. On the other hand, they're all long essays so I'm not sweating it much, just preparing to go anal about how I word things.

Can't wait to finish though, I finally have a respectable backlog to tackle, plus my sis and I are going to Vegas next month and I have 3 things being delivered at the end of June. I'm gonna be entertained for a while.

Spark Of Spirit

Just going out and enjoying the world recently feels really good where it counts.

Feeling good inside.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I've been doing that recently too, when I'm in port that is.  I've been here in Virginia for over a year now, and I've just gotten around to seeing some of the touristy things in the area.  I knew there was a lot around, the area is a pretty historical area, but I hadn't gone out to check it out until now.

I'm also trying to plan a trip to NYC in September, it's somewhere I've always wanted to go and check out.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I woke up this morning praying that the rain wouldn't hit until I finished cutting my annoyingly shaped lawn. Lo and behold, over 90 minutes later, I finish and it starts pouring.

Sometimes things just work out!  :D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Obtained a 19" JVC CRT TV today from the ship, in yet another one of those cases where they were just going to throw it away because all it does is take up space.  I haven't heard that whine that CRT's make in a really long time, kinda missed it really, along with that click that they make when you turn them on and off.  The newer HDTV's are too quiet.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Just got harpooned in yet another job interview, inching my unemployment streak ever so closer to a full calendar year.

Honestly, I don't get it. I don't know what it is about me that comes off as so unlikeable during these interviews, but it's increasingly disheartening to be turned down for work that I'm otherwise perfectly qualified for. I know the economy sucks and all, but damn.

Oh well, whatevs. At least my parents can't say I'm not trying.

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry to hear that. Unemployment is such an annoying thing.  :-\

Avaitor

At least you get job interviews. I've had one in my entire life, and it was a group interview for Pier 1 full of people with experience in retail.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 04, 2012, 04:24:08 PM
At least you get job interviews. I've had one in my entire life, and it was a group interview for Pier 1 full of people with experience in retail.

I suppose, but it almost hurts more to be dragged through this whole process and eventually be turned down than to never hear from them at all.

I mean, this was my second interview with these guys (had one two weeks ago). I thought they were legitimately interested in at least giving me a chance. Guess it goes to show what I know when it comes to reading people.

The thing that really bugs me is, it's not even full-time work. It's part-time/seasonal/whatever you want to call it. I just don't know what the hell people are looking in this day and age when it comes to applicants, but whatever it is, I apparently don't have it.

Oh well. I'm not going to get too hung up over it. Nothing that I haven't seen before.

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on June 04, 2012, 04:19:47 PM
Just got harpooned in yet another job interview, inching my unemployment streak ever so closer to a full calendar year.

Honestly, I don't get it. I don't know what it is about me that comes off as so unlikeable during these interviews, but it's increasingly disheartening to be turned down for work that I'm otherwise perfectly qualified for. I know the economy sucks and all, but damn.
Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 04, 2012, 04:24:08 PM
Group hug, guys. I'm in a very similar boat as well. :(

talonmalon333

So........ what the hell is happening to the forum today?

:P

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 15, 2012, 11:56:25 AM

You missed it last night. We all went crazy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 15, 2012, 12:02:46 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 15, 2012, 11:56:25 AM

You missed it last night. We all went crazy.

What started it? :P

Avaitor

This thread.

Then I posted the album thread, and it exploded after that.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Everyone forgot their medication at the same time.