Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm glad to hear you're employed, Kiddington. Even part-time is something. Me I mostly just volunteer to keep myself sane between jobs.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 19, 2012, 11:14:40 AM
Had another fucking breakdown last night that I haven't able to get out of.
You'll kick it soon enough, but I'm sorry to hear it.  :(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

It's just that I've tried to open myself up and become more sociable, and it's only made me feel lonelier than ever.

Dr. Insomniac

So, sorry for double-posting, but a calling out from Ryan Mead makes me wonder if I'm really that abrasive. Do I really just antagonize people whether or not I'm aware of what I'm doing? Probably, but I still wouldn't call what I do "dickish" by any standards.

Foggle

I've only seen you directly insult RacAttack, but granted he was asking for opinions on his podcast when you did. Most of the other stuff being referred to appears to have been aimed at no one in particular and ended up just getting people butthurt because opinions are sacred and should never differ on the internet.

Kiddington

I think you're cool.

But that's just me.

Dr. Insomniac

And now I'm having a field day with calling myself out. My twitter is reading like a girl just having her first period. Ugh.

Spark Of Spirit

I think you just need more sleep.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Ugh, I need money for when Cinderella and new Mountain Goats come out next week. Life sucks.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

First paycheck today. Working only three days a week for a few hours each, it's not much... but hey, AT LEAST I'M FINALLY NOT BROKE ANYMORE.  :thumbup:

Still wish I could find something permanent, though; no such luck so far. Ah well, at least this is something in the meantime.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 22, 2012, 09:08:32 PM
See, that's the thing. People treating it as it's not big deal. Like just one long rest, and years of depression finally disappears. It doesn't work that way at all. Even if I had one incredibly good year, with tons of friends both online and off, a beautiful girlfriend who would be amazing to talk to and watch movies with every once in a while, and with everybody listening and obeying my every whim, I would still feel empty. And that's what depression is. Not something one increase of sleep can stop. Not even something that a barrage of miracles can vanquish. Just something that I have to put up with until I die.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 27, 2012, 07:11:44 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 22, 2012, 09:08:32 PM
See, that's the thing. People treating it as it's not big deal. Like just one long rest, and years of depression finally disappears. It doesn't work that way at all. Even if I had one incredibly good year, with tons of friends both online and off, a beautiful girlfriend who would be amazing to talk to and watch movies with every once in a while, and with everybody listening and obeying my every whim, I would still feel empty. And that's what depression is. Not something one increase of sleep can stop. Not even something that a barrage of miracles can vanquish. Just something that I have to put up with until I die.
I wasn't being entirely serious with that, I hope you know.

I know depression; I was depressed for a long time, too. But I also know that being in it, there's really nothing anybody else can do to get you out of it. The only thing I can tell you is to keep living and experiencing life and hope you can eventually find your own way through it. I don't live your life, nor do I know the intrinsic details of it or what is truly bothering you on a deeper level, but I do know that you're a strong enough person to get through it and one day you will.

And by then you'll probably be able to sleep better.

talonmalon333

Have any of you ever had one of those moments where you're just hit by the amount of time that has passed?

I was just thinking about events that happened in my life at this time in 2007. That was 5 years ago. 5 years that have already passed. This time in 2007, and 5 years before that... was 2002. I was 11 years old at this time, quite a different person, playing with gradeschool friends that are ancient history to me now. I was preparing to get a GameCube back then. Wind Waker hadn't even been released yet. I'm not going to say that 2007-2012 flew by in the blink of an eye, but it sure was quicker than 2002-2007, which just reminds me of how time seems to get faster every year. Another 5 years will pass even faster, and that'll bring us to 2017. What will things be like then? How will they have changed?

Just having one of those moments.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I've spent more time enrolled in college than I did in high school.

Kiddington

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 29, 2012, 01:42:26 AM
Have any of you ever had one of those moments where you're just hit by the amount of time that has passed?

I was just thinking about events that happened in my life at this time in 2007. That was 5 years ago. 5 years that have already passed. This time in 2007, and 5 years before that... was 2002. I was 11 years old at this time, quite a different person, playing with gradeschool friends that are ancient history to me now. I was preparing to get a GameCube back then. Wind Waker hadn't even been released yet. I'm not going to say that 2007-2012 flew by in the blink of an eye, but it sure was quicker than 2002-2007, which just reminds me of how time seems to get faster every year. Another 5 years will pass even faster, and that'll bring us to 2017. What will things be like then? How will they have changed?

Just having one of those moments.

Every day. Nearly every day I have one of those moments. No joke.

I don't know if it's just me, but the flow of time certainly seems to go by a lot faster to me now than it did when I was younger. Days and weeks and months all seem to just flow together; it's weird. I mean, I can't believe it's already almost October 2012. Just a few years ago (you know, when people thought December of this year was going to be the end of the world and all that noise), it still seemed like a lifetime away.

Guess that's just one of the pains of growing up, I suppose. I can't explain it.

Dr. Insomniac

Relativity of time. It's natural for people to experience time faster during old age.