Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Mom may or may not need to have another tube put in her because the swelling hasn't gone down enough yet like they hoped. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

EDIT:Dad said the doctors told him she's going to have to stay in the ICU for another week. Other than that, she's still fine.

Avaitor

I'll be sure to.

Back to tz, I have to say, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if it didn't crash so much. I don't think a day goes by without it being down for at least a half hour.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GaryPotter

So I just discovered Jeff Harris has a tumblr.

Oh my goodness, that is some hilarious stuff right there.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As of today, I have completed my finals. Assuming that I didn't bomb this last one (which I don't think I did), I have successfully managed to pass all of my courses in my 5th year of college. And with that, I am officially done with a life-style based around taking classes forever! :thumbup:

My 6th year is all pharmacy rotations, and then I graduate, and then I get my certification and license after I take the NAPLEX and state board exam, respectively, and then I get a real job....and then I'll probably discover I hate my career and live a miserable existence from the rest of my life....but whatevs' yo, all I care about is that I'm finally free of constantly having to study for exams while juggling a dozen different projects at once. I can finally relax for a little bit.

Spark Of Spirit

Congrats on all your hard work! From everything you've said before about it, it must have been pretty demanding.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks! ;D

It was frustrating, because there were always a lot of more gifted students in my year that could get twice as good grades as I could with about half the effort. I constantly had to push myself past my limit to keep up with the intense curriculum, and even then sometimes I only just barely got by, but I still got by all the same, so my hard word paid off! :thumbup:

Also, the other flip side to this is that I now have more time for gaming, and doing things that I like in general. I know from my fellow upperclassman who I've talked to that rotations are not nearly as rigorous as taking classes at this school. In fact the actual work experience I get can be rather interesting when I do rotations that I like. I know that I would hate working at a retail pharmacy like CVS or Rite aid, but now I can try some other stuff out for a change, like industry and infectious disease wards, to name a couple of examples.

At any rate, I should have time to get a part-time job among other things, so as soon as I can start earning money, I can start getting other systems and finally get around to games that I've been wanting to play for a long while, now.

Foggle

Congratulations dude! I really envy your resolve and effort when it comes to university work. I'm sure you'll have a very lucrative career ahead of you. ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on May 02, 2013, 05:55:47 PM
Congratulations dude! I really envy your resolve and effort when it comes to university work. I'm sure you'll have a very lucrative career ahead of you. ;D

Thanks! It means a lot to have made it this far. Now I just need to make sure I don't screw it all up and blow off all of the hard work I've done by becoming one of those careless pharmacists that you hear about on the news (like the ones who make stupid mistakes and get patient's seriously injured or killed for it :-\ ). That's probably what I'm most apprehensive about when I actually have to go out into the real-world and start working, in that I'll just have so much responsibility heaped on my shoulders. Hopefully I'll be ready for it when the time comes, though.

But as far as my 6th year goes, I'm basically just in glorified training, so I'm going to use my free-time to live it up while I can. ;D

talonmalon333

Okay so, a few weeks ago I made a post in this thread indicating that my math final exam is coming up (in a week from now), and because of a broken grading system, students do not pass the class unless they pass the final exam (even if they got perfect scores on every assignment and test until then). Due to my tendency to be overwhelmed frequently when doing a lot of studying, I've been asking my math teacher questions. Unfortunately his responses are always inattentive, bullshit, and borderline "auto-messages" that don't nearly answer my question properly. And this problem isn't just an online class thing. I'm taking other online classes and the teachers are always there and ready to assist. Plus, I've had my math teacher previously in a real classroom, and he's just as unreliable there as he is over the internet. And I'm not the only person who thinks this.

In the end, I really don't know if I'll pass the class, due to an awful teacher and an awful grading system. And that really sucks. But I almost feel like I don't care quite as much as I probably should. I mostly just want to be done with this class be done for a few months. Summer break begins in a week.

Peanutbutter

If Mom's next C.A.T. scan goes well, she'll be real close to getting in her own room. Hoping for the best here!

TheEclecticDude

Well:
Just about to finish tech school, getting my second college degree (CIST Computer Programming). Got math tutoring work hours sorted out but don't start that 'til June so still on the hunt for IT work, oh joy >.<

Peanutbutter

Mom's finally in her room today! :) She might be able to leave the hospital in three days, but they might transfer her to a physical therapy place as she had to lay in bed for three weeks. Hopefully that will just take a week. At least now she can hopefully get more sleep.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 10, 2013, 01:03:21 PM
Mom's finally in her room today! :) She might be able to leave the hospital in three days, but they might transfer her to a physical therapy place as she had to lay in bed for three weeks. Hopefully that will just take a week. At least now she can hopefully get more sleep.

That's great to hear!

Peanutbutter

I told my friends via Facebook that they could visit her around tomorrow afternoon. Since she said it was okay, so long as I'm there when they visit.

Spark Of Spirit

That's great to hear, man.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton