Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

While cleaning out my closet, I discovered a heap of old magazines. The nostalgia nearly killed me.

Now I remember what "Galidor" is.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

There are times when I feel like I'm at a rundown restaurant where the waiter asks me why I don't like the service, then calls me a cunt for thinking that.

Also, I found out a few days ago that I'm the kind of dork who drinks Coke at a place where everybody else is drinking scotch. What can I say? The sauce doesn't agree with me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, as for me I'm just one of those few people who can't stand the taste of alcohol. On a rare occasion I might have a drink with my friends just for the hell of it, but really I just can't seem to develop a taste for any alcoholic beverage, so most of the time I say fuck it and just pass on it whenever its offered to me. I did used to drink a shit-ton of soda, but recently I've been doing my best to cut back on that as well, as I'm trying to change my junk-food heavy diet for more healthy alternatives, these days. Now that I no longer have intense classes to deal with, I can't use the excuse that I don't have time to properly exercise and balance out my diet, anymore, so now I'm trying to get myself back into proper shape.

Goldstar

I'm not a drinker either. I just don't much like the taste of alcohol, and I don't like the taste of beer at all. I'm trying to drink less soda these days and am looking for more healthy alternatives to it. Unfortunately, the stuff like POM Wonderful and Odwalla are too expensive to buy on a regular basis, so I mostly just drink juice, water and milk (but only flavored, never white milk, because it tastes like shit).
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Commode

Alcohol and beer is great.  Well, there's certain types of beer that I won't touch...

And I too cut out soda a while ago, I drink tons of water now.  It was hard for a little bit, occasionally you get urges to drink a Coke or whatever, but eventually you'll hit that point where soda just seems like the most disgusting thing.  It was months before I finally decided to cave and try a root beer just for old times sake, and I found I couldn't even make it half-way through the can, I was so turned off by the taste and all the sugar.

Milk is great as well, nothing better than a glass of ice cold white milk.  Don't really like chocolate milk, I'm not much of a chocolate person in general(chocolate ice cream makes me sick, but I can eat vanilla all day), but I do like banana milk and strawberry milk.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on June 09, 2013, 05:31:27 AM
Alcohol and beer is great.  Well, there's certain types of beer that I won't touch...
Yup, but I'm trying to avoid drinking as much as possible, because I'm pretty sure I have that "alcoholic gene" or whatever the fuck, and I will become McNulty/Bunk in real life if I start drinking on a regular basis...

I drink soda sometimes, usually to get a caffeine/sugar rush to help me stay awake late at night, though I do enjoy the occasional Mexican Coke outside of that. For the most part I just drink water, really.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't drink alcohol or smoke. I never had a reason to start in the first place, so I find no reason to start now.

Quote from: Comeau on June 09, 2013, 05:31:27 AMAnd I too cut out soda a while ago, I drink tons of water now.  It was hard for a little bit, occasionally you get urges to drink a Coke or whatever, but eventually you'll hit that point where soda just seems like the most disgusting thing.  It was months before I finally decided to cave and try a root beer just for old times sake, and I found I couldn't even make it half-way through the can, I was so turned off by the taste and all the sugar.
Ha, I did this too. I haven't had a soda since April and have no real inclination to start again. Sometimes I think I want one, but the feeling passes quick.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on June 09, 2013, 12:43:30 PM
Quote from: Comeau on June 09, 2013, 05:31:27 AM
Yup, but I'm trying to avoid drinking as much as possible, because I'm pretty sure I have that "alcoholic gene" or whatever the fuck, and I will become McNulty/Bunk in real life if I start drinking on a regular basis...
Yeah, I like to drink, but I have that gene as well. My uncle has suffered from alcoholism over the years, and while he's gotten better, the last time we were together, I swore he downed at least 5 gin and tonics in less than 2 hours. My father should have similar problems himself, but I honestly couldn't tell you how far that goes, since I barely know the man.

Speaking of my father and his brother/my uncle though, apparently that man posted something on his Facebook about how proud he is to have raised my sister after finding out that she graduated from UF. Neither of us have him added, but my uncle does, and since we've never had to deal with our father for more than a weekend at a time, hr raised hell about it. Things got ugly after, but that's all I'm going to hear about the man responsible for my birth for the rest of the year, so yeah.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I've been on pretty much water-only for about three months now. Occasional soda maybe once or twice a week.

I'll have booze at least two or three times a year though. Not to get drunk anymore. Being tipsy is enough for me.

Rynnec

I'm mostly a soda drinker, though I've been trying to drink water a bit more.

Staying away from alcohol and the like.

gunswordfist

As of the 18th, I'm an uncle!!!!

Lord Il

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 20, 2013, 03:50:58 PM
Awesome.
Possible babysitting money in your future?  ;D

Becoming an uncle for the first time felt both cool and surreal to me to say the least. But that feeling wears off in a few months when it seems you're cleaning yourself of baby vomit every other week.

Nah, seriously, it's fun, though.  ;)
Spoiling nieces and nephews is the best!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Il on June 20, 2013, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 20, 2013, 03:50:58 PM
Awesome.
Possible babysitting money in your future?  ;D

Becoming an uncle for the first time felt both cool and surreal to me to say the least. But that feeling wears off in a few months when it seems you're cleaning yourself of baby vomit every other week.

Nah, seriously, it's fun, though.  ;)
Spoiling nieces and nephews is the best!

[/quote :D]It really is surreal for me. I can't wait to see me niece

Foggle