Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

If it helps at all, from what I remember your voice does seem like it would be very distinct and works well for comedy, and you do have range. So if you decide to try out, good look!

Foggle

Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 19, 2013, 03:30:50 AM
That would be awesome! Especially since you are in the same state where FUNi is headquartered! :thumbup:
I think I'd much rather work at FUNi than Sentai, since Sentai is in Houston and... well, it's Houston.

QuoteI'm sure voice-acting is a lot harder than it looks, of course, so it may take a lot of practice to get basic skills down, but if you're serious about it, then I say definitely go for it.
I think I've been kind of training for it my whole life, honestly. I love doing silly voices at random, and I've gotten really consistent over the years, I think. Last night I spent about an hour whipping out everything I've got in my repertoire. I think I have a fairly decent range and can pull it all off without stumbling over words and such. Of course, I'll keep practicing, though.

It doesn't really come across well on my cheap headset I've noticed, but I think it'd sound good in an actual recording studio.

QuoteVoice-acting is something that I myself have always kind of wanted to do, but the line of work that I chose to go into pretty much left me no room for any other professions on the side. That, and my voice sounds horrible. :(
On the flip-side, my line of work is probably going to require other professions on the side. :lol: I don't think your voice is bad, though. You sounded good in that one podcast episode.

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on July 19, 2013, 07:57:29 AM
If it helps at all, from what I remember your voice does seem like it would be very distinct and works well for comedy, and you do have range. So if you decide to try out, good look!
:joy:

I think I could be in serious stuff as well, as long as I used my normal voice or something less over the top. But yeah, I'm usually going for comedy.

talonmalon333

Go for it, Foggle! :shakeshakeshake:

I wouldn't be good enough for that. The best I've got is an impression of SpongeBob, which is admittedly a decent one. :P

When do you think you might be going into this?

Silverstar

You should definitely go for it if that's your dream, Foggle. I've been wanting to express myself creatively for a while now, especially recently.

I recently acquired a second blog for posting original fiction, though I haven't posted anything on it yet; I've been pretty busy lately. As if late I've also been thinking of doing a web show a la That Guy with the Glasses or Black Nerd Comedy, though I don't know anything about film making or producing, editing or uploading videos. I'm still playing around with actual concepts and what I specifically want to do, but the itch is definitely there.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Foggle

;D

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 19, 2013, 11:30:12 AM
When do you think you might be going into this?
I'm not sure. Apparently FUNi will call or email me when they're holding this year's open auditions, then I'll drive up to Fort Worth. That is, unless they've already held their auditions for this year, in which case I'll have to wait until 2014. :(

Quote from: Silverstar on July 19, 2013, 11:39:41 AM
You should definitely go for it if that's your dream, Foggle. I've been wanting to express myself creatively for a while now, especially recently.
Well, it's one of my dreams! But my biggest dream is to become a published novelist, or write for TV/movies/comics/video games/stage. :)

QuoteI recently acquired a second blog for posting original fiction, though I haven't posted anything on it yet; I've been pretty busy lately.
Please post it here once you've got it up! I'd love to read some of your stuff.

Silverstar

Quote from: FogglePlease post it here once you've got it up! I'd love to read some of your stuff.

Count on it. When we start posting material, I'll put a link to the blog on my sig.  :thumbup:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

talonmalon333

So my computer overheated and died in this summer weather (talking to you guys from my phone right now) and am now staying down the shore for a few days, for the first time this summer. T'was about time.

What's up with you guys?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sorry to hear about your computer. My laptop hasn't been doing great lately, either. It functions EXTREMELY slow and recently has had a tendency to overheat if I use it for more than a couple of hours at a time, even if I'm not running a lot of programs on it at once.

Foggle

Whoa, that really sucks guys. :( My computer overheats quite often as well, though generally I can keep it at a safe temperature if I give it good amounts of rest from time to time.

The Shadow Gentleman

Wednesday I'll be leaving for New Mexico, where I'll be hiking for about two weeks. Wish me luck and fill me in on whatever happens while I was gone.

TheEclecticDude

Well I didn't get to continue with the application process for the RightStuf job though they'll still have my resume on file so at the very least I got one company's attention.

Meanwhile, still doing my part time remedial math tutoring job til August 6, then a break from then to 19th. Probably will do night class tutoring for the fall so I can get a day job as well.

Spark Of Spirit

Good luck with that.

And definitely do it, Foggle!  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

I've just been working. I plan to take a vacation this year, but most likely it won't be until August, after the tourism has dies down a bit.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on July 22, 2013, 12:00:16 AM
Whoa, that really sucks guys. :( My computer overheats quite often as well, though generally I can keep it at a safe temperature if I give it good amounts of rest from time to time.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 21, 2013, 11:54:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your computer. My laptop hasn't been doing great lately, either. It functions EXTREMELY slow and recently has had a tendency to overheat if I use it for more than a couple of hours at a time, even if I'm not running a lot of programs on it at once.

Thanks guys. Sorry you've been dealing with overheating computer issues as well.

I think I mentioned this above, but I'm currently relying on my phone for Internet, but I'm not yet perfect at typing on its touch screen. So don't be surprised if any of my posts have a number of spelling errors or terrible auto corrects. :P

Nel_Annette

As soon as I'm done splurging money on stupid shit, I think I'm finally going to save up for a proper computer with a tower. Laptops just don't do it for me anymore.