Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Foggle

Will I ever actually do anything right in school? Probably not. Never have. I've messed shit up constantly since I was a kid and I'm seemingly incapable of learning from my mistakes. I don't know how I even got into college.

Sorry for making such a LiveJournal-esque post, it's just that I've spent nearly all day on a project only to discover that I did a few minor things wrong; minor things that will cost me severe points in the only class I'm currently in danger of failing.

LumRanmaYasha

Oh man, that sucks dude.  :shit: I've made similar blunders in the past, and it's no fun at all to spend so much time and effort into something only to realize you did it all wrong, or made a minor mix-up early on that screws you over completely (I remember I once had to give a presentation, having  worked really hard to make a short documentary to go along with it, but I burned the DVD wrong somehow, and, when it came time to do the presentation nothing showed up but a black screen... :el_cry:). Is there anything you can still do to fix those problems before you have to submit the project?

Foggle

Sadly, once you submit something to Blackboard, you cannot edit or replace it, and my instructor will not accept assignments through any other channel, so I'm out of luck. :(

LumRanmaYasha

:( Darn. Hopefully you can still rebound your overall grade in that class somehow with future projects/coursework.

Foggle

Hopefully. Thanks, man. I think I have a good shot at a low B/high C in there.

The little details always get me in anything. I dunno why.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on October 10, 2013, 06:44:37 PMSadly, once you submit something to Blackboard, you cannot edit or replace it, and my instructor will not accept assignments through any other channel, so I'm out of luck. :(

Man, I fucking hate Blackboard. It's so inconvenient to use, and it's terribly organized. I hate that we had to use that in my last year of college. I thought that Angel was a much more user-friendly network, and it's design felt so much more coherent than BB. Not only that, but while Angel may have had its problems calculating/estimating some of my grades, it at least did a good enough job of showing my individual grades for exams and assignments. BB even managed to fuck that up to the point where I couldn't even tell how I was doing in some classes with more complex grading-schemes by looking at my stuff through BB. In those cases, if I was curious enough, I had to make an appointment with the main professor/coordinator of that specific class, instead.

Man, just talking about this stuff makes me so damn glad that I'll never have to deal with classes again.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on October 10, 2013, 07:01:52 PM
Hopefully. Thanks, man. I think I have a good shot at a low B/high C in there.

The little details always get me in anything. I dunno why.

While you can't remove something that you've already submitted, if you still have time until your due date, maybe you can fix your errors and resubmit your project. I've done that in some cases and just e-mailed my professors to disregard the first file that I uploaded, and while it doesn't always work, it has ended up working in 2 out of the 3 times that I did it.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 10, 2013, 07:06:22 PM

Man, I fucking hate Blackboard. It's so inconvenient to use, and it's terribly organized. I hate that we had to use that in my last year of college. I thought that Angel was a much more user-friendly network, and it's design felt so much more coherent than BB. Not only that, but while Angel may have had its problems calculating/estimating some of my grades, it at least did a good enough job of showing my individual grades for exams and assignments. BB even managed to fuck that up to the point where I couldn't even tell how I was doing in some classes with more complex grading-schemes by looking at my stuff through BB. In those cases, if I was curious enough, I had to make an appointment with the main professor/coordinator of that specific class, instead.

Man, just talking about this stuff makes me so damn glad that I'll never have to deal with classes again.

Yeah, I hated Blackboard as well, and apparently, a lot of people at my school agreed at me. Thank god they did, because Schoology was so much better.  :il_hahaha:

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 10, 2013, 07:06:22 PM
:il_hahaha: Yeah, Blackboard is awful. Better than a certain other one though... its name escapes me. We had to use it at my last school. WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER :immad:

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 10, 2013, 07:09:18 PM
While you can't remove something that you've already submitted, if you still have time until your due date, maybe you can fix your errors and resubmit your project. I've done that in some cases and just e-mailed my professors to disregard the first file that I uploaded, and while it doesn't always work, it has ended up working in 2 out of the 3 times that I did it.
Yeah, I've done that once before. Unfortunately, I don't think this particular instructor will accept my doing this.

Dr. Insomniac

QuoteWHY CAN'T I REMEMBER

Was it WebAssign?

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

WebAssign is synonymous to me with computers freezing up, the answer key being wrong, incorrect percentage complete calculations, limited attempts to redo, and, in general, my failure to have a good understanding of the material in AP Chemistry. Dark times, dark times....

Foggle

WebAssign is hell. I'm bad enough at Physics to begin with, but then you bring in their bullshit "limited amount of attempts to answer with decreasing points" and suddenly life loses all meaning. I remember getting an answer wrong one time because, with no explanation whatsoever, they expected 95.000 instead of 95, 95.0, or 95.00.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, WebAssign sure was a bitch when it came to significant figures. I got answers wrong or points off over a single missing zero or decimal point so many times it depresses me to think about it... :imnothappy: