Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on November 20, 2013, 12:27:56 AM
Well... it looks like I'm moving out of my parents house after the new year. Can't believe it took me this long honestly, but I'm really weird when it comes to living with other people, and only just now have I met someone that I get along with enough to consider them as a roommate. We're only signing a 3-month lease though, just in case it doesn't work out.

So hey, here's to new horizons.  :awesome:
That's great to hear! Hope it works out okay.

Aside from getting kicked out of one of my classes, life has been so fucking amazingly wonderful for me these past three weeks. I am legitimately happy and completely non-depressed for the first time in longer than I can remember.

talonmalon333

Why'd you get kicked out of a class?

Foggle

EDIT: Actually, I probably shouldn't talk about it publicly.

Nel_Annette

That moment where you forget the word "confusion" exists, and you can't understand why spell-check is saying "confusement" isn't a real world. Woops.

"She turned around in confusement" indeed.  :unimpressed:

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on November 20, 2013, 01:11:43 AM
That moment where you forget the word "confusion" exists, and you can't understand why spell-check is saying "confusement" isn't a real world. Woops.

"She turned around in confusement" indeed.  :unimpressed:
:lol:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on November 20, 2013, 12:41:26 AM
EDIT: Actually, I probably shouldn't talk about it publicly.

I probably shouldn't have asked. My apologies. :P

Well... it looks like I'm moving out of my parents house after the new year. Can't believe it took me this long honestly, but I'm really weird when it comes to living with other people, and only just now have I met someone that I get along with enough to consider them as a roommate. We're only signing a 3-month lease though, just in case it doesn't work out.

Awesome! I'll be moving out of my parents house in probably about two years. Waiting for one of my friends to get done college.

Lord Il

With inflation as ridiculous as it's gotten these days, finding a decent roommate to help with expenses is almost unavoidable.

I'm liking the 3-month lease plan. Not many will offer a short term like that.
Best of luck!

talonmalon333

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Happy New Years, everyone.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

You know what I just don't see?

Why people love whisky. I drink it when the social "occasion is right". But I just end up forcing it down really slowly. The taste, even the smell, is just something I instinctively reject.

Avaitor

I love the burn of whiskey personally, but I also like seeing how people react to the burn.

But you know what I think burns far more than whiskey? Straight vodka. I don't see how anyone can drink that without something mixed with it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I love it too, I don't know why.  You could try honey whiskey, it's not nearly as abrasive as regular whiskey.  I like vodka too, just don't drink it as much.  I can't go near tequila though, nasty stuff.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

My rule when it comes to booze is anything but wine is fine. And that includes champagne.

Granted, I'm not a fan of domestic beers, but if I'm at a party and someone offers me a Bud or Coors, I won't necessarily say no.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on January 06, 2014, 09:51:38 PM
But you know what I think burns far more than whiskey? Straight vodka. I don't see how anyone can drink that without something mixed with it.

Same here.

Quote from: Comeau on January 07, 2014, 05:28:47 AM
I love it too, I don't know why.  You could try honey whiskey, it's not nearly as abrasive as regular whiskey.  I like vodka too, just don't drink it as much.  I can't go near tequila though, nasty stuff.

I've tried honey whiskey. It's easily to swallow, but still a bit too much for me. Though if I remember correctly, it becomes easier to handle when it's cold.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 07, 2014, 10:49:34 AM
My rule when it comes to booze is anything but wine is fine. And that includes champagne.

Granted, I'm not a fan of domestic beers, but if I'm at a party and someone offers me a Bud or Coors, I won't necessarily say no.

I've gotten better with domestic beers. Before I had trouble stomaching them, but now I can easily down a Yuengling or Bud.

I find that I'm partial to hard ciders.