Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2014, 12:33:04 PM
So, to anyone here who has ever used facebook, should I feel bad that I rarely ever say "happy birthday" to random facebook friends anymore on their walls?
Yes. It's basic courtesy. Just because you don't want to be greeted doesn't mean you should do the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

DESENSITIZEDDDDDDDDD!!!!! :joy:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on February 04, 2014, 12:38:04 PM
I never say happy birthday to people on Facebook or tumblr anymore, and half the time, I forget to do it here as well.

I actually hate being acknowledge on my birthday (don't ask why), so I don't often do the same for anyone else.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 04, 2014, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2014, 12:33:04 PM
So, to anyone here who has ever used facebook, should I feel bad that I rarely ever say "happy birthday" to random facebook friends anymore on their walls?
Yes. It's basic courtesy. Just because you don't want to be greeted doesn't mean you should do the same.

The way I see it is this: if you can't send them a personal message, either through person or even text message, why even bother? Putting some auto-pilot "happy bday!" message on someone's wall just doesn't mean much. For anyone I'm close to, I will at the very least say it via text message. For the people I'm not close to, I don't think they care or even notice.

But of course there are exceptions. There are some people that I still care a good bit about but don't have any other way to contact them on their birthdays. But even with them, when I wish them a happy birthday on their wall, I will always go well beyond just two words. But that aside, I'm mainly referring to people who I knew years ago, like some friendly acquaintance I met in high school 5-8 years ago with this topic.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2014, 12:24:35 PM
So GSF made it his New Years Resolution to be nice to you, Spark. I'm planning on holding him to that.
You do that, man.  ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

So tonight we are supposedly getting 6-10 inches of snow, which will apparently turn into rain and (possibly) thunderstorms.

Avaitor

We were supposed to get a big thunderstorm here, but it went north of where we are instead and we only got some rain.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Micki helped celebrate Valentine's Day with this lovely picture of Dalek.

Micki!

Oh no I didn't help at all, it's the unedited version of his photo  :happytime:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Up until this month Mom has doing fine since she got out of the hospital. But the last couple days she has complained about her eye having pressure on it and her head being achy. Today her eye got swollen. My little brother just drove herr to the emergency room so that they can check her eye. Thankfully she has an appointment with her neurologist who saved her last year when she was in the hospital so she can get a second opinion if she needs it.

It could be nothing major, but I can't help bet be nervous or worried after last year. :( Any thoughts or prayers would be appreciated.

LumRanmaYasha

Scary, dude. I hope your mom will be alright.

Peanutbutter

A couple hours after my mom and brother left, he called and said the doctors told them she had very high blood pressure. I guess that's why her eye was swollen. I'm just glad it's nothing more serious than that. Hate that she has to spend the night in the hospital, but oh well.

talonmalon333

Hopefully your mother is doing well, Peanutbutter.

---

I'm hearing some booming noise outside my house. Either someone's shooting off fireworks during the daytime, or there is a gunfight.

Peanutbutter

Mom got out of the hospital Monday. Apparently she just extremely high blood pressure. Her eye is still swollen from an infection, and her blood has spiked a bit but thankfully she's fine.