Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 18, 2014, 02:12:12 PM
Quote from: Nameless on May 18, 2014, 12:21:22 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 20, 2014, 11:12:19 PM
I'm recently being told that Squirrel Boy was an unappreciated classic.

I'm definitely getting old.

By whom? Last I heard, Squirrel Boy was widely despised.
It's a new thing from younger people on the internet. Most anyone older than 17 still doesn't like it.
Kids are more interested in the Adventure Time than a show that hasn't aired in years though.

Nameless

I got the impression that most of CN's mid-2000s shows weren't very popular anyway. Most people (outside of places like this, at least) already seem to have forgotten about Camp Lazlo and Gym Partner, much less Squirrel Boy. Foster's seems to be the most enduring thing from that era.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 18, 2014, 02:15:32 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on May 18, 2014, 02:12:12 PM
Quote from: Nameless on May 18, 2014, 12:21:22 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 20, 2014, 11:12:19 PM
I'm recently being told that Squirrel Boy was an unappreciated classic.

I'm definitely getting old.

By whom? Last I heard, Squirrel Boy was widely despised.
It's a new thing from younger people on the internet. Most anyone older than 17 still doesn't like it.
Kids are more interested in the Adventure Time than a show that hasn't aired in years though.
Well yeah, kids, but I've seen 13-16 year olds who don't understand why Squirrel Boy or Gym Partner aren't considered masterpieces.

But whatever, there are children of the 80's who don't understand why people look fondly on Batman: TAS or CN's earlier shows, so it's all relative.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nameless

From what I remember of it Squirrel Boy was just bland.

Gym Partner was one of the better shows that CN was running at the time, but pretty much everything they had then paled in comparison to what they favored just a few years prior.

gunswordfist

That era was so awful. I forgot if I barely watched because the toons were so bad or because I had cable off and on then and the toons were so bad.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I watched a lot of CN back then, because I was still really into Eds, Fosters and Grim, so I'd end up sitting through Lazlo, Gym Partner, and Class of 3000 episodes to get to the shows I did like (although Co3K had its moments). Now I can barely even look at Fosters anymore, and I have less than no interest in the lesser shows again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just graduated today. I am now officially Dr. Ensatsu-ken, PharmD (obviously that's not my real name, but it sounded more amusing that way).

Spark Of Spirit

Congrats. I vote for a username change.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

That's awesome! Congratulations.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks, guys! :joy:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2014, 06:28:30 PM
Congrats. I vote for a username change.  ;D

I've been thinking about changing to Dr. Ensatsu-ken, but I'm not sure if Dr. Insomniac would approve of me ripping off that title. :sly:

LumRanmaYasha

Congratulations E-K! That's an amazing accomplishment. I wish you luck in your future career as well.  :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

talonmalon333

Congratulations, Dr. E-K! It sounds like you went through a really tough major, so you've definitely earned it. Do you know when you'll be able to start working?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Still job hunting, but right now my primary concern is passing my board exams to get licensed.

Avaitor

Whoa, that's fantastic!

New blog!