What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

As of a few minutes ago, I got up to Secrets. That had a surprisingly dark twist.

As for the last couple of episodes before that, Failsafe was kind of disturbing because no matter what they did, things got worse but the fact that they were devastated by a dream, no matter how they tried to explain its severe effect on them, was silly. I was hoping things would go back to normal what after that episode and they were basically just using the episode to show M'Gann telepathic potential. I fear that they will actually use that episode to set up a major breakdown in the time. Ugh, I cannot take that seriously.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

So that really was Icon in Failsafe, huh?

Anyway, I've been thinking about who my favorite Young Justice character is so far. Of course, I'm going with Batman, even though I was really thinking about someone who was on the teens' team. What I like about this Batman is he is actually a good father figure and doesn't push people away like many other iterations of him have. 4 years ago, I was surprised that Batman didn't tell Superman to keep Superboy as far away from him but keep a close eye on him. Instead, he sits him down and tells him to be a father to Superbo. I'm still shocked by that. Plus, in a later episode, Bruce sees Robin is upset and goes to comfort him with a game of basketball. This is perhaps the most matured version of Batman I've ever seen.

Ok, back to who's my favorite Young Justice member. Aqualad is like Cyclops, I have nothing bad to say about him but he's too much of a straight arrow. I have no clue why M'Gann is a valley girl. All I can say is I'm glad she hasn't annoyed me. Superboy is your typical badboy who has deep seeded anger issues and has his shirt off at times for no reason. He's clearly still developing though and I'm guessing a certain plot twist about him will rear its head on the show and that should make things interesting. I have nothing against him either but I am not a fan. Artemis, eh, meh I guess. I can't say I care about anything she's going through. Robin's wordplay is the biggest thing that sticks out to me..and it's a bit annoying. I can't say I care too much about anything about him, really. So that leaves Kid Flash, who can be a bit too whiny and "dude" but his 16th birthday episode did win me over. So he's my favorite on the team, at least for now.

Nel_Annette

This morning I learned that Tom & Jerry is a lot less funny when it's animated in flash. The characters don't seem as "squishy", and the slapstick just doesn't feel the same.

LumRanmaYasha

I got around to catching the first episode of Clarence, and I loved it. Finally, a pure slice-of-life exploration of childhood, with no supernatural shenanigans or exaggerated weirdness! The show feels very grounded, and true to life and how kids are, and I appreciate that. It's also very funny, in it's quiet, cute way. I really hope this show does well, because it might be the best thing to come from the network in a long, long time.

The new Regular Show was excellent too. I never knew there would be such a dark reason for why Skips skips. Very tragic. Man, both AT and RS have been making some great episodes lately. I hope they keep it up.

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 19, 2014, 02:18:03 AM
So that really was Icon in Failsafe, huh?

Anyway, I've been thinking about who my favorite Young Justice character is so far. Of course, I'm going with Batman, even though I was really thinking about someone who was on the teens' team. What I like about this Batman is he is actually a good father figure and doesn't push people away like many other iterations of him have. 4 years ago, I was surprised that Batman didn't tell Superman to keep Superboy as far away from him but keep a close eye on him. Instead, he sits him down and tells him to be a father to Superbo. I'm still shocked by that. Plus, in a later episode, Bruce sees Robin is upset and goes to comfort him with a game of basketball. This is perhaps the most matured version of Batman I've ever seen.

Ok, back to who's my favorite Young Justice member. Aqualad is like Cyclops, I have nothing bad to say about him but he's too much of a straight arrow. I have no clue why M'Gann is a valley girl. All I can say is I'm glad she hasn't annoyed me. Superboy is your typical badboy who has deep seeded anger issues and has his shirt off at times for no reason. He's clearly still developing though and I'm guessing a certain plot twist about him will rear its head on the show and that should make things interesting. I have nothing against him either but I am not a fan. Artemis, eh, meh I guess. I can't say I care about anything she's going through. Robin's wordplay is the biggest thing that sticks out to me..and it's a bit annoying. I can't say I care too much about anything about him, really. So that leaves Kid Flash, who can be a bit too whiny and "dude" but his 16th birthday episode did win me over. So he's my favorite on the team, at least for now.
Whoops, I forgot to mention that Red Arrow was my favorite before Kid Flash just a few days ago. He's a bit whiny too but he seemed to be the most solid out of the other younger heroes.

gunswordfist

Image...hmm, an episode that had blood coming from a kid's mouth, whitewashing and implied sexual roleplaying and bisexuality. Interesting. Watched that a day or two ago an I'm about to watch two more episodes.

gunswordfist

So I saw the episodes where they revealed who Connor and Artemis' dads are. I caught some vibes when he showed up in Artemis' room but that reveal took me by surprise. I'm guessing those shields were supposed to be like Batman Beyond slappers.

Overall, today I got up to the what I'm guessing is the season finale that ended on New Year's. I read a spoiler here about who is the mole and is kind of funny that damn near everyone except who I heard about has been seriously implicated as being the mole.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm just waiting to see your reaction to season 2, which it seems like you're about to start watching. Needless to say, for the majority of us, it was....less than stellar.

Foggle

Make sure to also play the video game. Myself and the rest of the Skype crew can attest to its utter brilliance. *cough*

gunswordfist

There's a game. Gee, that's intriguing. :>

gunswordfist

Boy, do I feel stupid. So, I saw that Netflix said that they only had one season of Young Justice long ago but I ignored that. I can't say I didn't see this coming..but they didn't have season two. :D So it's just 26 episodes, ugh. I just rewatched an episode of Hunter X Hunter 2011 instead.

I forgot to add this the part in YJ when Cheshire said something about being on a date with Red Arrow and then Artemis said, "You two are dating?!" Red Arrow said, "What?! No!" was hilarious :D

Avaitor

I forget, have you seen Green Lantern: TAS yet?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Well that's on Netflix too. And it's better than Young Justice. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I'll think about watching it soon.