Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

LumRanmaYasha

I don't think it's going to air on Toonami, just on normal [adult swim]. Besides, DeMarco seems to have gotten the message that it was highly unpopular.

Lord Dalek

LumRanmaYasha

I don't want to get into any boys' hole.

Daikun

DeMarco is taking suggestions for next year's DST on Twitter.

Let's contribute so it doesn't suck next year, mkay? ;)

Lord Dalek

Shippuden...

FUCK YOU DEMARCO!!!!!!!

LumRanmaYasha

I would use that troll toll pic you always use on me, but that would be too lame.  :awesome:

My reaction to this is a big firm "Eh." I hate the show and all, but c'mon, we all knew this would happen sooner or later. Shippuden is a guaranteed ratings hit, so it's obvious that they wouldn't pass up the chance to air it when they were finally able to get it. At least they are replacing regular Naruto for it, and not airing both. I mean, starting it from episode 1 isn't great either because we have to endure it for years longer than otherwise, but at least when Bleach finally dies next august we should only be left with one crappy long-running shonen (unless, of course, they pick up Fairy Tail or Toriko *shudders*). So while this is far from great news, this doesn't infuriate me. I know it'll draw huge numbers for the block, and I really can't complain about that when I look at it from a detached, business perspective. I just hope the other shows they'll pick up next year will actually be watchable, and not crap like The Future Diary or the aforementioned shonen atrocities or whatever.

Avaitor

So when did Disney lose the rights?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I guess recently. Since they so eagerly are dropping the original series for it, I can only imagine that if the opportunity arose any earlier, they would have seized the chance to get it in a heartbeat.

LumRanmaYasha

It turns out that [adult swim] is actually co-funding Space Dandy. If the deal is anything like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex's and Big O season 2, than they may have unlimited rights to the series, which would be a nice development since that means the series should be guaranteed to rerun after it's over or even have the possibility to get even more episodes if it does well enough.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 06, 2013, 10:10:50 PM
It turns out that [adult swim] is actually co-funding Space Dandy. If the deal is anything like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex's and Big O season 2, than they may have unlimited rights to the series, which would be a nice development since that means the series should be guaranteed to rerun after it's over or even have the possibility to get even more episodes if it does well enough.
YAAAAH-TAH!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

It's time for everyone's favorite SAO arc. :sly:

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Daikun on November 09, 2013, 09:28:53 PM
It's time for everyone's favorite SAO arc. :sly:
Seriously If PortraitOfAGhostShip starts praising Sugou as a masterstroke of creative genius please ban him on the spot.

Avaitor

12/7- AKIRA
12/14- SUMMER WARS
12/21- FULL METAL ALCHEMIST- THE CONQUEROR OF SHAMBALLA
12/28- TRIGUN: BADLAND RUMBLE

Not bad choices. I might check out the FMA and Trigun movies out of curiosity, and maybe rewatch the other 2 if I have nothing better to do.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Not bad at all. I can't really fault the movie selection this time around.