Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Squirrel Boy. Unlike Lazlo or Gym Partner, I never see any talk of this one. Does it still get attention?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 28, 2012, 10:43:59 PM
Squirrel Boy. Unlike Lazlo or Gym Partner, I never see any talk of this one. Does it still get attention?

Unlike the other two, CN completely buried it. Hasn't been mentioned by the actual network in several years. So no.

...with good reason, of course.

Foggle

Anyone else remember Squirrelboyfan from TV.com?

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 10:48:37 PM
Some of his amazing reviews:

Quoteshow: My Gym Partner's a Monkey - 8.2/10
The Good: Good animation,Good Music,Good Characters,Funny Sometimes The Bad: Disgusting,Beating out The Jetsons

My Gym Partners A Monkey is about a boy named Adam Lion who goes to Charles Darwin Middle School with his buddy Jake.Each episode the school is shown.Principal PixieFrog is a frog he is the principal of the school with his assistant Mrs.Warthog which is a warthog.There can be some jokes like

PixieFrog: What was your name again?
I didn"t: I didn"t
PixieFrog: You Didn"t
I didn"t: No,I didn"t My name is I didn"t PixieFrog: Hmmm..I will just call ya Larry

Quoteshow: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - 10/10
Why do some haters want this cancelled?It rocks out loud like Camp Lazlo!

A shy 8-year-old boy named Mac.Toke Bloo to "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends"."Cheese"Bloo hates!Bloo thinks cheese is annoying(I don"t).Goo is a girl who uses her imagination alot seen in "Go Goo Go".Duchess is a gruse girl even if she takes a shower.Terrance is macs brother and bulley.Terrence used a friend to smash Bloo Red as seen in "Seeing Red"Frankie is the assistant at Fosters with her Grandma Mademe Foster.Mr.Herriemen.Bloo hates him.Frankie can"t take his rules.So,Come on over to "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends"where great memories aren"t forgotten

Quoteshow: Camp Lazlo - 10/10
Camp Lazlo rocks!!!

"Camp Lazlo"Tells a tale about campers at Camp Kidney.The main ones are the jelly beans "Lazlo",Raj,And Clam!Someone who hates Lazlo is Edward.Who are brothers Chip and Skip and another group of brothers Dave and Ping-Pong.And who hates Dirt is Samson.The staff of Camp are Scoutmaster Lumpus with his helper Slinkman.Camp Kidney chief.Mr.McMuesli(Don"t know if spelled right)And a nurse Nurse Wesley.And squirrel scouts of Acorn Flats.Nina,Patsy and Grectien(Don"t know if spelled right)The Squirrels camp staff are Jane Doe and Mr Mucuess(Don"t know if spelled right)

Quoteshow: Squirrel Boy - 10/10
I Like This Show!

This Show Is About A 10-YearOld Boy Named "Andy" And His Best Buddy Squirrel"Rodney".Each Episode Is An Adventure.
Rodney Has A Chum Buddy "Leon"He Lives In A Tree Behind The Johnson,s House.Rodney Is In Love With A Cute Little Squirrel."Darlene".Andy Has A Bully Named "Kyle".With His Buddy"Salty Mike".And Andy Has A Human Friend Named "Oscar"He Has To Be Safe Alot.

Quoteshow: Squirrel Boy

episode: What's Sung is Sung / Wall of the Wild - 9.8/10
Nice

I Could,nt Stop Watching This
I Love This Episode Beacause It Is A Cool
Episode I Love! Both Are Cool! You Got
Watch I Watched It! 8 Times I Think
BEST EPISODE EVER!
So Remember To Watch Squirrel Boy Sun-Thurs At 9:30 Sunday May Change 9pm Weekdays
And You Get Your Big Hourse From
Lord Of The Sings

He was also a fan of Out Of Jimmy's Head, iirc.

Kiddington

God, I feel like such a schmuck anymore for actually liking Foster's.

It seems like the only other people that like it also like CN's other garbage from that era. What does that say about me?  :shit:

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on April 28, 2012, 10:56:01 PM

It seems like the only other people that like it also like CN's other garbage from that era. What does that say about me?  :shit:
We all love Squirrel Boy and Gym Partner here. You aren't alone. :swoon:

Rynnec

You guys are forgetting about a real classic.   :sly:

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 10:54:13 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 10:48:37 PM
Some of his amazing reviews:

Quoteshow: My Gym Partner's a Monkey - 8.2/10
The Good: Good animation,Good Music,Good Characters,Funny Sometimes The Bad: Disgusting,Beating out The Jetsons

My Gym Partners A Monkey is about a boy named Adam Lion who goes to Charles Darwin Middle School with his buddy Jake.Each episode the school is shown.Principal PixieFrog is a frog he is the principal of the school with his assistant Mrs.Warthog which is a warthog.There can be some jokes like

PixieFrog: What was your name again?
I didn"t: I didn"t
PixieFrog: You Didn"t
I didn"t: No,I didn"t My name is I didn"t PixieFrog: Hmmm..I will just call ya Larry

Quoteshow: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - 10/10
Why do some haters want this cancelled?It rocks out loud like Camp Lazlo!

A shy 8-year-old boy named Mac.Toke Bloo to "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends"."Cheese"Bloo hates!Bloo thinks cheese is annoying(I don"t).Goo is a girl who uses her imagination alot seen in "Go Goo Go".Duchess is a gruse girl even if she takes a shower.Terrance is macs brother and bulley.Terrence used a friend to smash Bloo Red as seen in "Seeing Red"Frankie is the assistant at Fosters with her Grandma Mademe Foster.Mr.Herriemen.Bloo hates him.Frankie can"t take his rules.So,Come on over to "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends"where great memories aren"t forgotten

Quoteshow: Camp Lazlo - 10/10
Camp Lazlo rocks!!!

"Camp Lazlo"Tells a tale about campers at Camp Kidney.The main ones are the jelly beans "Lazlo",Raj,And Clam!Someone who hates Lazlo is Edward.Who are brothers Chip and Skip and another group of brothers Dave and Ping-Pong.And who hates Dirt is Samson.The staff of Camp are Scoutmaster Lumpus with his helper Slinkman.Camp Kidney chief.Mr.McMuesli(Don"t know if spelled right)And a nurse Nurse Wesley.And squirrel scouts of Acorn Flats.Nina,Patsy and Grectien(Don"t know if spelled right)The Squirrels camp staff are Jane Doe and Mr Mucuess(Don"t know if spelled right)

Quoteshow: Squirrel Boy - 10/10
I Like This Show!

This Show Is About A 10-YearOld Boy Named "Andy" And His Best Buddy Squirrel"Rodney".Each Episode Is An Adventure.
Rodney Has A Chum Buddy "Leon"He Lives In A Tree Behind The Johnson,s House.Rodney Is In Love With A Cute Little Squirrel."Darlene".Andy Has A Bully Named "Kyle".With His Buddy"Salty Mike".And Andy Has A Human Friend Named "Oscar"He Has To Be Safe Alot.

Quoteshow: Squirrel Boy

episode: What's Sung is Sung / Wall of the Wild - 9.8/10
Nice

I Could,nt Stop Watching This
I Love This Episode Beacause It Is A Cool
Episode I Love! Both Are Cool! You Got
Watch I Watched It! 8 Times I Think
BEST EPISODE EVER!
So Remember To Watch Squirrel Boy Sun-Thurs At 9:30 Sunday May Change 9pm Weekdays
And You Get Your Big Hourse From
Lord Of The Sings

He was also a fan of Out Of Jimmy's Head, iirc.

This man sounds like something out of legend.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 10:57:20 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 28, 2012, 10:56:01 PM

We all love Squirrel Boy and Gym Partner here. You aren't alone. :swoon:

Oh, riiiiiiiiiight:happytime:

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on April 28, 2012, 10:57:35 PM

You guys are forgetting about a real classic.   :sly:
NO! I HAD FORGOTTEN

Spark Of Spirit

Long live the forgettable era. Home to such classics as... I don't remember.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Avaitor

I actually kind of liked Puffy's music. The show? Not at all.

And wasn't squirrelboyfan the guy who would talk about how Al Kahn and CatDog were destroying he world and we need more shows like Kappa Mikey or something?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Puffy had a pretty cool song in that Mad Mod episode of Teen Titans.But as a show it just.. eh, didn't really work.

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on April 28, 2012, 11:18:12 PM
I actually kind of liked Puffy's music. The show? Not at all.

And wasn't squirrelboyfan the guy who would talk about how Al Kahn and CatDog were destroying he world and we need more shows like Kappa Mikey or something?

:wth:

I'm surprised he doesn't like CatDog, though. It's just about as bad as everything else he likes.

Foggle

I think so, Avaitor.

Man, Kappa Mikey was some of the worst shit.