Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I thought the real reason was that George Lowe was retired in Florida. Could be both, really.

I dunno, I don't mind Zorak and Brak being by themselves, since I loved The Brak Show, but the wraparound segments do feel kind of empty. I think it's the writing more than anything, since more often than not, they just aren't funny, and wouldn't be, even with Space Ghost.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 13, 2012, 06:40:33 PM
I thought the real reason was that George Lowe was retired in Florida. Could be both, really.

Yeah, I read that also, but I wasn't sure if it was true or just a rumor. Perhaps it is a combination of the two.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Insomniac

So according to Twitter, Toonami is back on May 26. Here's a new change of pants.

Lord Dalek

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Wulin Warriors, DICE, Dragonball GT, and Hamtaro line up? Not interested.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Well I'll be.

:happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime: :happytime:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 16, 2012, 04:39:18 PM

STOP BRINGING ME DOWN BRO

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Kiddington on May 16, 2012, 04:49:23 PM

Yeah, get with the times, Desen. Everyone knows the schedule will be Guilty Crown, Yosuga No Sora, Nisemonogatari, and Infinite Stratos.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 16, 2012, 04:55:23 PM

Yeah, get with the times, Desen. Everyone knows the schedule will be Guilty Crown, Yosuga No Sora, Nisemonogatari, and Infinite Stratos.

Well if that's the way you're going to be, why not just go all in and throw Boku No Pico into the mix as well?

Can't hurt, right?  :awesome:

Lord Dalek

Your loss buddy. BADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADAENOUGH.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Kiddington on May 16, 2012, 04:56:41 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 16, 2012, 04:55:23 PM

Well if that's the way you're going to be, why not just go all in and throw Boku No Pico into the mix as well?

Can't hurt, right?  :awesome:
Looks like Kim finally has a place to air Elfen Lied.  :sly:

Foggle

This is a joke... right?

Avaitor

I still think they're just going to sprinkle new TOM footage in episodes of Bleach and FMA and Bebop repeats.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 16, 2012, 06:26:18 PM
I still think they're just going to sprinkle new TOM footage in episodes of Bleach and FMA and Bebop repeats.

Don't forget about the three blank spots on the schedule though. At the very least we'll be getting two classic's and one new anime.