Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

The Cartoon Cartoon thing was just a brand, and CNs attempt to get some of that Nicktoon notoriety. I don't really know why they stopped it, maybe because they realized their cartoons didn't need a gimmicky label to be successful, or maybe they just thought that era had passed. Today the label is really only there to invoke nostalgia.

To me though, the Cartoon Cartoon label applies to any show that had characters pop out of the word "Cartoon" and proclaim the label before their respective show came on.  It was kind of like seeing the WB logo and Bugs Bunny's head popping up letting you know you were about to watch a Bugs cartoon.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

No Cartoon Planet this week. It was apparently preempted...by Shark Tale. Ah well.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on August 17, 2012, 10:24:47 PM
No Cartoon Planet this week. It was apparently preempted...by Shark Tale. Ah well.

:wth:

Not that I really watch Cartoon Planet with any degree of consistency, so that not being on doesn't really mean anything to me... but what is CN doing airing that movie?

Ah hell, what am I saying... this is the same channel that airs actually Son of the Mask like every other month. Nevermind, just par for the course.

Eddy

Ugh, really? Shark Tale? Couldn't they at least air a decent animated movie? Like The Fantastic Mr. Fox or something?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Eddy on August 18, 2012, 02:10:22 AM
Ugh, really? Shark Tale? Couldn't they at least air a decent animated movie? Like The Fantastic Mr. Fox or something?
Be glad they didn't air Eragon.

Eddy

Watching old Cartoon Network bumps sort of makes me sad. The whole idea that all the cartoon characters worked at Cartoon Network was such a great, fun, and creative idea. Seeing characters like Scooby and the gang interact with the guys of Megas XLR, Fred Flinstone trying to find a parking spot with Chicken and He-Man, or Sheep trying to find a place to sit in the cafeteria. These were great bumpers.

I really hate Cartoon Network's bump style now. I don't even know what to call it. Random clips being played in an attempt to create internet memes style? Whatever it is, it sucks. Go back to the style of all the cartoons interacting with one another, CN. Let's see Finn and Jake try to go adventuring with Scooby. Let's see the Eds and Mordecai and Rigby team up to perform some crazy scheme. I don't know.

Avaitor

Quote from: Eddy on August 24, 2012, 02:52:16 AM
Fred Flinstone trying to find a parking spot with Chicken and He-Man
Thundarr the Barbarian, actually.

But yeah, the original bumpers and ads for CN were the best.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

This episode of PPG is pretty great. But being directed by Genndy and Craig will do that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

For clarification, Spark is talking about the PPG episode where we discover Mojojojo's backstory.

Right now, they're showing the Clubhouse episode of EEnE.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, forgot the episode's title. Still, it's a great one. I'm also digging this ep of EE&E.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I know you guys aren't too keen on Flapjack, but episodes like this one are why I enjoyed it so much.

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

What a terrible end to a great block.

Avaitor

Have they shown anything beyond season 1 of EEnE since I stopped watching?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

From what I've notice, no they have not.