Greatest Video Game Ever (Voting)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, August 12, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The rules should be self-explanatory by now. Its exactly the same as the greatest anime and manga threads. That said, I'm going to do 2 matches at a time to speed things a lot, since we have considerably more entries to work through than in our usual competitions.

Round 1:

Match 1:

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

vs.

Half-Life 2

vs.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

vs.

Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden 2

Match 2:

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus

vs.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time

vs.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos

vs.

The Simpsons Game

My Picks:

Match 1:
Exactly as listed- I haven't actually played those Pokemon remakes, but the original Gold and Silver are some of my favorite Pokemon games ever, so I can't imagine the remakes being any less than great; I like Half-Life 2, no need to explain that; ALTTP is honestly not one of my favorite Zelda games, but it is still a great game nonetheless; DBZ Super Butouden 2 is a surprisingly good old-school fighting game with a lot of unique DBZ-esque twists to the gameplay, but its clearly the weakest game in this match-up

Match 2:
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (Its my favorite old-school Ninja Gaiden game)
The Simpsons Game (Its a decent beat-em-up, and unlike the other 2 games in this match, I've actually played this one)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time (I'm sure its great, but I haven't played this one at all, yet)
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core + (Haven't played anything beyond the demo for this one, yet)

talonmalon333

Sorry if this isn't totally on topic (I'm still deciding how I want to order these) but I just want to know ahead if time cause I haven't participated in the previous tournaments. How long will we typically have to vote before a matchup ends?

VLordGTZ

I'll need to think a bit more about match 2 but I'll put my picks for match 1

Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Half-Life 2
Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden 2

Spark Of Spirit

Wait, are you sure he meant the Simpsons ARCADE game, or the Simpsons GAME. Those are two different games and might affect my vote.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Still my favorite Zelda game
Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver - My favorite Pokemon game
Half-Life 2 - Excellent FPS
Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden 2 - Haven't played

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - The best PS3 game
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos - Best NG game IMO
Simpsons Arcade (IF ITS THE ARCADE GAME, if not swap it with GG)
Guilt Gear XX: Accent Core + - Great fighting series
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Half-Life 2
Link to the Past
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z

Ratchet & Clank
Guilty Gear
Ninja Gaiden
Simpsons

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 12, 2013, 06:11:12 PM
Sorry if this isn't totally on topic (I'm still deciding how I want to order these) but I just want to know ahead if time cause I haven't participated in the previous tournaments. How long will we typically have to vote before a matchup ends?

Until whenever I feel like putting up the next set of matches. :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 12, 2013, 06:18:49 PM
Wait, are you sure he meant the Simpsons ARCADE game, or the Simpsons GAME. Those are two different games and might affect my vote.

Whoever nominated it should make that clear to me, otherwise I'm just going to assume that its the arcade game.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, I meant the Game initially, but I have played the arcade game multiple times and enjoyed it, though, so we can just keep it as the Arcade game.  :P

I can only vote on Round one, since either way the only game I've played that's in Round 2 is The Simpsons Game, so with that said:

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver - Great remakes, with some very appreciated and fun minor twists and changes added for the games' benefit. Easily my favorite Generation 4 Pokemon games - I managed to get lots of killer teams going in them!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Haven't played it in years, but a solid Zelda game that was a lot of fun.

Dragonball Z: Super Butouden 2 - May have played this one long ago, but I can't remember, but I've played lots of similar Dragonball Z games and they are always nice fighting games to kill some time with.

Half-Life 2 - Haven't played this one, can't judge it.  :P

VLordGTZ

Match 2 picks:
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
The Simpsons Game
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus

gunswordfist

Dammit, I missed the nomination round?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 12, 2013, 09:07:43 PM
Dammit, I missed the nomination round?

As usual, GSF is late for all of the major stuff. :>

Don't worry, I knew you'd bitch and whine if your favorite platformer wasn't in this competition, so I went ahead and nominated it for you.

gunswordfist

Everybody and their grandma was going to nominate Sonic 2 anyway. Fuck this competition.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually, it was one of the last nominations made, and one of my extra ones, at that.

Nobody else wanted to bother nominating it. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic 3&K and CD were already nominated. I didn't feel like getting redundant.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist