Hunter X Hunter (Original + Remake)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

At this point, I'm just happy that it's licensed and has a dub.  Being on Toonami would just be a bonus.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm really out of the loop when it comes to modern English dubs. I'm not familiar with any of these VAs.

I also find it strange that of the initial four characters that they have announced, Hisoka is among them while Kurapika is notably absent.

VLordGTZ

Yeah, it's strange that they didn't announce Kurapika's VA, especially since the brief dub clip shown DID have him speak.

Overall, the cast is looking good so far.  Matt Mercer and Keith Silverstein are nice choices for Leorio and Hisoka, and Erica Mendez did a pretty good job as Aladdin in Magi so I think she'll be able to pull off Gon fine.  I'm interested to hear what Killua sounds like since I'm not aware of any child male characters that Cristina Vee has done in the past.

gunswordfist

I can understand Gon being played by a woman but not Killua. Just my two cents.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Killua is played by women in both the 1999 and 2011 anime, so you're pretty much proven wrong there.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 20, 2016, 08:08:06 AM
Killua is played by women in both the 1999 and 2011 anime, so you're pretty much proven wrong there.
How's my opinion proven wrong?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Because there are already two versions of Killua played by women that are objectively, factually great. :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And they just happened to post this bit of news on today of all days....nice try....:humhumhum:

gunswordfist

:o Wait, in two weeks? That makes it hard to believe. Also, if the new FLCL really going to have 2 seasons?! Hard to believe anything from [as] on today. http://www.adultswim.com/videos/toonami/friday-april-1st-2016/

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 01, 2016, 06:49:11 PM:o Wait, in two weeks? That makes it hard to believe. Also, if the new FLCL really going to have 2 seasons?! Hard to believe anything from [as] on today. http://www.adultswim.com/videos/toonami/friday-april-1st-2016/

Yes, it's all real. Production I.G. acquired the property last August, and Toonami announced last week that they're co-producing it.

gunswordfist

I know FLCL getting a new season/series was real but hearing about two seasons greenlit on April Fools had me suspicious.

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

So far, I'm sold on Gon and Kurapika's voices. But the rest are kind of spotty for now, which is fine for smaller characters early on.

Leorio's voice itself sounds right, but his VA isn't giving it a great performance so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/