Recent posts

Moving Pictures / Re: Comic Book Movies
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - Today at 06:38:15 AM
My biggest takeaway from the new picture.
Nickelodeon / Re: Butch Hartman's shows
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - May 06, 2024, 05:22:04 AM
I don't know why they keep trying to squeeze anything out of FOP despite consistent failures. What, is there some insane clause in the contract saying the IP rights go to Butch if they don't make a new reboot every couple of years?

Guess I should mention I watched a leaked version of the pilot a while ago, and meh. Replacing Timmy with a new child was something you kinda have to do if you want FOP's premise to still work, since Timmy stopped being an average kid the audience could relate to and came off as a self-inflicting failure too stupid to figure out how to fix his life despite having wish-granting fairies, and the fairies went from quirky but genuinely well-meaning guides to layabouts who weren't "godparents" in any sense of the word, but the new girl Hazel doesn't correct the problem so much as go back to step 1. And you just end up repeating the same decay but with a different kid.

At least she's more tolerable than the ones from the sitcom?
Nickelodeon / Re: Butch Hartman's shows
Last post by Daikun - May 05, 2024, 01:28:20 AM
Because one failed attempt at a revival wasn't enough...

Cartoon Network / Re: Toonami
Last post by Daikun - May 05, 2024, 01:17:49 AM
Well, Adult Swim FINALLY made an original anime with an ending that sticks the landing.
It only took them *checks watch* 21 GODDAMN YEARS, but they finally did it.
Vidja Games / Re: What Are You Currently Pla...
Last post by Dr. Ensatsu-ken - May 03, 2024, 08:31:50 PM
Yes. Magic Archer and Warfarer do too but I haven't unlocked either of those yet. I'm not a huge fan of ranged combat in these types of games but I may try it through Warfarer once I unlock it as it allows for on-the-fly weapon switching from what I've seen.
Vidja Games / Re: What Are You Currently Pla...
Last post by Mustang - May 03, 2024, 05:42:48 PM
Mystic Spearhand; I'm assuming that's the vocation that allows you to use both magic and weapons?

Both games are on my radar, but I've been a little bit apprehensive towards Stellar Blade (the noise behind it is whatever) mainly because I never cared for Sekiro's combat, mostly the way parry seems to be the focus, and I'm the not the parry kind of guy. I see Stellar Blade following suit a bit in that aspect. I'm sort of curious because it supposedly is a character action game.
Nickelodeon / Re: How is Nick Doing?
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - May 03, 2024, 02:45:58 AM
Yeah, I was also surprised they can't get an interview but this channel can. Maybe the latter have better contacts?
Last post by Avaitor - May 02, 2024, 10:59:07 AM
So podcasts are able to get a hold of her. Do you think Greg ever will, or is he going to be blackballed for any varying reason?

Considering his current situation as shared on Twitter, I don't think he's in a place to do an interview this intensive, though.
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - May 01, 2024, 10:04:38 PM
Found an interview with Geraldine Laybourne that came out today, in case you want to hear her talk about the production side of 90s Nickelodeon.