Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalGoji

It's definitely a really great series, even though things may not entirely make sense the first time around. It also has one of my favourite OPs going for it so it gets bonus points in my books. 

LumRanmaYasha

And on the cover of set 5...Shampoo!

Man, I don't know if I've said this before, but I LOVE the art and design for these sets. And this box looks the best yet. Gorgeous.

Judging by the pattern, Ukyo will definitely be on the cover for the sixth set. That leaves Genma (in panda form) to take the cover for the seventh set, which sounds good to me!

gunswordfist

favorites based on what i've recently seen:

10. jojo's bizarre adventure
9. cowboy bebop
8. fate/zero
7. hellsing ultimate
6. dbz kai
5. fist of the northstar
4. hunter x hunter 2011
3. hunter x hunter
2. yu yu hakusho
1. fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

10. Hajime no Ippo
9. Digimon Tamers
8. Kids on the Slope
7. Hunter X Hunter (1999)
6. Trigun
5. Great Teacher Onizuka
4. Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
3. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
2. Ashita no Joe 2
1. Yu Yu Hakusho

My list really hasn't changed much over the years, mostly because I really haven't seen that many new anime. As for why I don't have stuff like Cowboy Bebop on there anymore, while I love that series for what it is, I have to admit that, putting popularity aside, it was never truly a personal favorite of mine, and personally KotS has replaced it as my favorite Watanabe show. There's also stuff like Madoka Magica and Killa la Kill, which would probably make my list if I ever extended it to my top 20, but aren't auite enough up my alley where I'd re-watch them as much as I re-watch these anime.

I'm still watching stuff like Legend of the Galactic Heroes and the currently running Rage of Bahamut and Parasyte, though, so my list could be subject to some change, soon enough. There's also the upcoming anime for A Silent Voice, which could very well become one of my favorites if adapted well.

Foggle

TV Series

10. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
9. Fate/Zero
8. Hyouge Mono
7. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
6. Baccano!
5. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
4. Space Dandy
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
1. Cowboy Bebop

Films

10. Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
9. Akira
8. Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence
7. Dead Leaves
6. Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
5. Kara no Kyoukai 5: Paradox Spiral
4. Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion
3. Perfect Blue
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End Of Evangelion
1. Redline

gunswordfist

5. trust & betrayal
4. lupin castle cagliostro
3. lupin the third: secret of mamo
2. vampire hunter d: bloodlust
1. cowboy bebop the movie

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Films:

10. Madoka Magica: Rebellion
9. Akira
8. Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
7. Ninja Scroll
6. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
5. Redline
4. Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro
3. Wolf Children
2. Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
1. Summer Wars

This reminds me that The Boy And The Beast is coming out next year, and I am so pumped to see it. It's easily my most anticipated 2015 anime, and it's a film at that, which is even more astonishing.

goody2shoes

At the moment my completed favorites are:
7. Bakemonogatari
6. Kino's Journey
5. Mushishi
4. Black Lagoon
3. Attack on Titan
2. Death Billiards
1. Welcome to the N.H.K.

FLCL and Giant Robo might join their ranks soon, though I've only started both of them. Nobody ever talks about Giant Robo, has anyone here seen it?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: goody2shoes on December 15, 2014, 09:57:10 AM
6. Kino's Journey

This is another one much like Madoka Magica and Cowboy Bebop which I really like a lot, but isn't on my list more because it's not something that I would frequently re-watch, but on a more objective level, it's a really high quality series.

Quote5. Mushishi

I tried getting into this one before but it's one of those series that I have to be in the right mood for. I think that I'll give it another shot, eventually.

Quote4. Black Lagoon

This one has been a favorite of mine for a long time. It just barely missed my top 10, but it circulates in and out of there on a regular basis.

Quote3. Attack on Titan

Personally I prefer the manga, if only because the anime's pacing in adapting the material feels a bit too slow to me, but it's still a good anime, and IMO covers the best part of the series, as quite frankly I think it really fluctuates in auality after the Female Titan arc. While it'll never be a personal favorite of mine, though, I do definitely see the appeal.

Quote1. Welcome to the N.H.K.

Coincidentally, I just started watching this anime last night. I've only seen a single episode, though, so it's too early for me to judge it, but I like the little that I've seen, up to this point.

Foggle

7. Bakemonogatari
6. Kino's Journey
5. Mushishi
4. Black Lagoon
3. Attack on Titan
2. Death Billiards
1. Welcome to the N.H.K.

FLCL and Giant Robo might join their ranks soon, though I've only started both of them. Nobody ever talks about Giant Robo, has anyone here seen it?
Just wondering, since you only have seven things on your list (and one of them isn't a series), are you new to anime, or are you just more discerning than the rest of us? ;)

If you end up enjoying FLCL and want more WACKY CRAZY anime, I'd suggest checking out Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Kill la Kill, and Dead Leaves, which are from the same director as what most consider to be its best episode. Also, Redline. Everyone should watch Redline; and that goes double for you since you like Takeshi Koike's character designs. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If we're recommending movies, I recommend every original feature-length Mamoru Hosoda film to date, and probably his up coming movie from next year since I'm sure that it'll be AOTY in 2015 (at least for me).

That includes:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006)
Summer Wars (2009)
Wolf Children (2012)

VLordGTZ

TV:
10. Silver Spoon
9. Mushishi
8. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
7. Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
6. Fate/Zero
5. Dragon Ball
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Slayers (the first 3 series)
2. Maison Ikkoku
1. Yu Yu Hakusho

Movies:
5. Akira
4. Summer Wars
3. Redline
2. Madoka Magica: Rebellion
1. The Wind Rises

Since I loved the manga, I'm pretty confident that Ashita no Joe 2 will become one of my favorites when I finally watch it.  I also really need to watch Hosoda's other two films sometime (I'll definitely to check out The Boy And The Beast when it releases as well).

goody2shoes

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on December 15, 2014, 10:33:00 AM
Quote3. Attack on Titan

Personally I prefer the manga, if only because the anime's pacing in adapting the material feels a bit too slow to me, but it's still a good anime, and IMO covers the best part of the series, as quite frankly I think it really fluctuates in auality after the Female Titan arc. While it'll never be a personal favorite of mine, though, I do definitely see the appeal.

Quote1. Welcome to the N.H.K.

Coincidentally, I just started watching this anime last night. I've only seen a single episode, though, so it's too early for me to judge it, but I like the little that I've seen, up to this point.

I'm way biased about those 2. AoT got me into anime as a hobby proper, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much if I watch it again. NHK was one of the first shows I watched to completion (after Azumanga Daioh and Madoka I believe) and it's grown more relatable every time I've watched it. Not sure if that's a good thing :sweat: I will say the ending was offputting the first time around, because the comedic angle mostly disappears, but it's understandable.

Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2014, 10:52:30 AM
7. Bakemonogatari
6. Kino's Journey
5. Mushishi
4. Black Lagoon
3. Attack on Titan
2. Death Billiards
1. Welcome to the N.H.K.

Just wondering, since you only have seven things on your list (and one of them isn't a series), are you new to anime, or are you just more discerning than the rest of us? ;)

I started watching it regularly in the summer of '13, I think. It's a top 7 because those are my 9's and 10's on MAL, but there are some 8's that I didn't rank higher because I don't fully comprehend them yet. Those would be Mononoke (TV series), Tatami Galaxy and maybe Utena.

Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2014, 10:52:30 AMIf you end up enjoying FLCL and want more WACKY CRAZY anime, I'd suggest checking out Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Kill la Kill, and Dead Leaves, which are from the same director as what most consider to be its best episode. Also, Redline. Everyone should watch Redline; and that goes double for you since you like Takeshi Koike's character designs. ;)

I've watched those. GL is fun, but it's got some problems (such as underdeveloped side characters). P&S was offputting to me way back when I watched it so I dropped it. Redline is great! Can't point out many flaws with it, except maybe I wasn't as invested with the characters as I would have liked. I like how focused it is.

Feel free to share your MAL/HB profiles: http://myanimelist.net/profile/goody2shoes

My plan-to-watch list has grown a lot lately, I just put anything remotely of interest there :D

gunswordfist

put saint seiya at 10. for me.

Spark Of Spirit

1. Trigun
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Martian Successor Nadesico
5. Monster
6. Outlaw Star
7. Dragon Ball
8. GTO
9. Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
10. Digimon Tamers
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton