Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Daxdiv

I don't think I watched a single anime on that list and I only checked out Rock Lee and ShiroKuma no Cafe.. Need to at least fix the Lupin one.

Rynnec

I'm interestedin Jormungand, and if it ever gets dubbed, I'll check out Kids On The Slope too. And it goes without saying that Fate/Zero is the anime I'll be following this season.

Apparently Medaka Box gets a genre change pretty early into its run, so I'll try to keep my eyes on that one.

Foggle

No Lupin? :wth:

Quote from: Rynnec on April 14, 2012, 10:44:43 PM
Apparently Medaka Box gets a genre change pretty early into its run, so I'll try to keep my eyes on that one.
Might get better, then. It was definitely the least offensive of the bad ones.

Though I'd like to add that MGX isn't really a bad show, it's just very gross and pointless. It's actually pretty well made.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Nice! There are some great entries in here.

As a side note, I don't think my name should be at the top with you guys, since I did only write one entry (and unintentionally, at that). Its fine enough to just have my name appear under my single entry.

Anyways, I do feel bad that I couldn't really participate in the Spring Clusterfuck line-up, especially since this seemed to be the season that actually had at least a few good shows to offer us, rather than just being crammed full of crap.

Oh well, at least I'll be there to experience the summer season anime, but somehow I get the feeling that I'll get unlucky in regards to actually finding good anime to watch. :(

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 14, 2012, 11:00:37 PM
As a side note, I don't think my name should be at the top with you guys, since I did only write one entry (and unintentionally, at that). Its fine enough to just have my name appear under my single entry.
The purpose of giving credit in the title line is to make searching for articles by author easier. Your name deserves to be up there as much as anyone else's. ;)

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm surprised you guys didn't get to that show about the fat kid who's only good at playing video games and a girl tricks him into playing video games with her.

Foggle

Rynnec

I believe it's called Accel World.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle did cover the drool anime, though. That's gotta count.

I have to say that this season was pretty good! Of course the bad is... REALLY terrible... But the good stuff is so overwhelmingly great that it sort of balances it out. On the other hand if you like Nadia, the new Nadia series should be up your alley. I didn't think it pertinent to review it since you probably already know if it's for you or not.

If you like shonen, give Kuroko No Basket a try when more episodes are in the can. Once it gets rolling, it gets really fun to watch/read.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Foggle

Quoteshe manages to have even less depth than any of the characters, with her only personality trait being how she?s a kid. Nothing else. Just that she?s little.
Shakespearean. I love anime writers.

Quotepeople stalk out of love.
This is sadly quite true.

QuoteRika then proceeds to offer sex to our main protagonist. But this is Haganai, so our main protagonist certainly can?t have sex. Or else that?d destroy the DVD sales!
Does sex not sell in Japan? I thought it did...

Rynnec

Quote from: FoggleDoes sex not sell in Japan? I thought it did...

It probably has to do something with the whole "Purity" thing that's part of the Moe appeal. Sex only seems to really be prominent in Visual Novel's or something.

Dr. Insomniac

I remember reading about how the mere suggestion that a main character had a boyfriend ended up crippling AnoHana's DVD sales, along with how people were issuing death threats about the same situation being on Kannagi.