Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuNRcFWAC-M

I won't say that it's high level gameplay, but it's better. With that being said, doubt is starting to creep in, but I gotta keep reminding myself 20%
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Still can't over how well they nailed the feel of battles in Dragon Ball here.

I really hope they can get them to make an All-Star Jump game after this. It would be such a perfect fit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

For the past couple of weeks now my hype for DBFz has died down quite a bit and I've been coming at it from a perspective of it almost being a little too simplistic (along with other folks). You hear talk of MvCI's gameplay letting you be creative as can be. ASW is relatively known for the freedom, and here I just wasn't seeing that freedom, butttttttt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1oKJ6A_Gg

MAXX!!!! Leave it to Max to really start figuring the game out. Great match btw. I didn't think Xavier Woods would be able to do much. I think that's Afrosenju and Rhymestyle doing commentary.

Anyway, I still think its simplistic (One of the complaints against SF5 is how simplistic it is), but like SF5 if you can get 2 people that actually know how to play that hype is going to be oozing out.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, it's going to be hard to guage this or any other fighting game until you see enough content from players who actually know what they are doing. On top of that, it's at least hard for me to understand the skill-requirements of a game unless I've actually spent a sufficient amount of time playing it myself.

Mustang

True, with the last couple of videos I posted, they were of better play, but they were repeating pretty much everything we've already seen, and I think that's why I've been a little down on the game. Even Max's previous videos involving his time with the game, you basically saw repeats. It was like no one was really trying to figure it out (rightfully so, being 20% and all), but here, you can see Max clearly trying things out while applying what knowledge he has from other games. And that's what pretty much brought the hype back (With Xavier being able to hold his own).

I need to see this in the hands of a Guilty Gear/BlazBlue/Persona 4 Arena player.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Jubei-Chan revealed.

I don't know the story behind this. I've seen people mentioned something about wanting Jubei in the game. Finally seeing what people are talking about here I "sigh" a little bit. I try not to be that guy, and while he looks nothing like a troll-ish character (his moveset looks legit) I can't help but do the forehead slap. I haven't followed the story at all so I'm at a lost for the appeal to this guy.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Arc System Works is really putting it down. Goodness gracious. This is probably more of what I'm looking for more so than DBFz in terms of gameplay. I don't know how many people work there, but I hear that they have a small group, and yet the fact that they're doing more than what Cap... On second thought, I'm not gonna go there. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this turn out. RIP Monty Oum.

Mysterious Fighting Game with SFEX Characters

Personally, I'm a little disappointed in fighting game fans with this one. To me this looks a bit like Killer Instinct but folks call that game ugly (along with SF5), but then have a love affair with this. Really? As I understand it, at first it was an April Fools joke, but it's turning into a real game. It was/is playable at EVO (going down as we speak). I've never experienced the EX series, and much to my understanding of it, folks called it trash so I stayed far away. Now all of a sudden (go back to MvC3 and SFxT) people are asking for Skullomania. I'm like who/why? I'm seeing him here and I'm like oh dear God (I said it once before, I can't stand troll characters). I'll be staying far away from this one.

MvC:I Exhibition match featuring Gamora and Jedah

I don't know anything about Guardians of the Galaxy. Nor do I really care to find anything out about them. I know a little bit about Darkstalkers, but I don't see the appeal. People keep on asking for a Darkstalkers 4 and I'm like "why ask for something you're not going to even play?" Whatever on that though. Speaking specifically about the way the game plays, Gamora does nothing. Jedah on the other hand, made my ears perk up a bit. My initial thoughts about the game was "I'm not gonna buy this ish". Now I might try it out (once it goes on sale). That list is definitely looking more real every time they reveal a character.

And then of course there's EVO 2017 going on and because my internet sucks I have to wait for the archives.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

TRUNKS Gameplay

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

What a time to be a fan of fighting games despite the petty BS that's going on at the moment.

Evo is my E3
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

Just what I was hoping for. Sword slashes, crazy beam attacks, and his usual vicious moves. Definitely going to be in my team.

Since he's not called Future Trunks, I guess that deconfirms kid Trunks and Goten by extension. Though I'm expecting Gotenks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Last but not least, Abigail

I wonder what the crowd reaction was like. Mine was more  :unimpressed:. I just don't like character designs like that. I'm only familiar with Guy, Cody and Haggar (Poison and Hugo through other SF's). When it comes to Final Fight I have no idea who these characters are, but do people really want characters like an Abigail in a Street Fighter game?

Season 2 has been a disaster. And what sucks even more is that I want to like Street Fighter 5. I've grown to like characters like Karin (might even go back to Alpha 3 and try her out) and Laura. Biggest draw for me was Guile and Balrog. I've avoided them like the plague since SF2. Never gave them a thought in USF4. The launch was bad, no doubt, but it felt so good until Capcom started nerfing and "fixing glitches". Then came Akuma, who should've been in the game from jump street because I don't think he draws in people like that to buy your game (Tekken being an exception).

The notion to have new characters only (outside of Akuma) in your 2nd season is iffy at best, especially to charge for a pass where people have no idea if they'll like those characters or not. Ed sparked an interest, but I'd rather they'd stop wasting space on these new characters and continue where Ultra left off.

For me, Street Fighter is EVO and while I won't say it's dying (I don't think it can officially die), Capcom really need to get their act together. NAMCO just revealed GEESE HOWARD earlier, and all you got is Abigail (who I don't even know) and 3 costumes for 3 characters and 2 stages... Come on now. I can't even say anything about Marvel vs Capcom Infinite since I have no idea who Jedah or Gamora are, but Capcom missed a huge opportunity to reveal some hitters. Hopefully you got more at the end of this top 8 because all you got left is Capcom Cup.

I love Street Fighter and while I can't stand haters, I can't stand people trying to tell me to just focus on the positives either. Both sides equally pisses me off.

/rant Sorry.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

I'd rather we just get a new Final Fight. This addition does nothing for me. They could always add characters from the sequels like Carlos, Maki (who has been before), Lucia, or Dean, instead of jobbers like Poison or Abigail for once, but I'd rather a new beat em up.

Not that I expect anything of the sort from Capcom, of course.

Mustang

Agreed. I don't know if it would be a money maker or not. Beat em up's are just as niche as fighters, if not more right? But yeah, I'd definitely rather see them add characters that have already been in the game instead of waste slots.

Spoiler
Congrats Tokido. Dominating beatdown.
[close]
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Completely off topic, but the Geese Howard reveal has made me realize that I want a new Fatal Fury. Either that or a remake of the first game (the shot at the end of the trailer is actually from the first game's ending) that plays like the later games in the series like Real Bout or Garou.

Controversial or not, I've come to like the series quite a bit over the years and I think I like the cast as a whole more than probably any other fighting series cast. The roster for the original game was Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Tung Fu Rue, Duck King, Billy Kane, Hwa Jai, Michael Max, Raiden, Richard Meyer, and Geese Howard. I think if you had them plus some characters from the sequel (Mai, Kim, Cheng, and Jubei) you would have a pretty good roster for a fighter.

I wonder if SNK were heading this was with XIII since they went out of their way to make sprites for Hwa Jai of all characters for the game. Fatal Fury is still their most known worldwide fighting series and it would have made sense to make a new one. But they ran into financial problems and all.

Still, I do miss Fatal Fury. KoF is great and all, but it works better when it has other active franchises to play off of, and it hasn't had any in a long time.

Spark Of Spirit

Krillin and Piccolo confirmed for DBFZ!

Sweet. Now all I need is Mystic Gohan to complete my team. Really happy with how this game is shaking out.

The playable characters in the beta will be:

Goku
Gohan
Krillin
Piccolo
Vegeta
Trunks
Freeza
Cell
Majin Buu