Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Add Zim and Ned to that list.

And I put 96 as the ending point since that was the year that gave us Arnold, K&K, and Kablam!, when the older shows were starting to get taken off, like Lassie, and when the less-memorable shows, like Allen Strange and Shelby Woo, were about to start coming non-stop. I think it's a pretty good point to start with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Ned is definitely one of the few live action shows I can stomach from that era. It's actually quite sad how few kid shows have tried to move beyond it, but just end up either being too cartoony or not cartoony enough.

Honestly, I don't even remember most live action Nick shows after it up until recently.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Big Time Rush tries so hard to be like Ned, but fails so miserably because the writing is just that lackluster. Hard to believe the guy that was in charge of Ned is also in charge of this (and Johnny Test, but that's... another story).

...well, there's that, and then there's the whole "pushing CD's of the terrible soundtrack" side business they've got going on there. Either way, that show is just a mess.

Avaitor

The type of humor on Ned really isn't suited for shows like BTR. It sucks to say that going back to the live-studio audience/laugh track sitcom route for anything, especially considering Disney's recent history with series like these, but it really does fit for music-based product placement like that.

I'd like to see more one-camera laugh track-less shows on Nick and Disney, but I doubt they'll be on the quality of Ned.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rynnec

At least we can agree that BTR is more bearable than the Naked Brothers Band, right? :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rynnec on March 22, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
At least we can agree that BTR is more bearable than the Naked Brothers Band, right? :sly:
I can understand what NBB was going for, even if it sucked at it.

Still, NBB was more interesting to watch than this How To Rock show.

Spark Of Spirit

Please stop selling me popular music from 1998. That's all I ask from these shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2012, 09:35:51 PM
Please stop selling me popular music from 1998. That's all I ask from these shows.
Nah, we have to mine from the past as much as possible.

God, I realize how realistic Futurama has become.

Avaitor

This is interesting. A while ago, I sent a fanmail letter to the block's tumblr page, and they just responded to me now. I don't have access to the letter anymore, but I asked if they could air YCDTOTV. Here's their reply.

Thanks! YCDTOTv is a little tough since it was back before people thought of making things for the internet, but we?ll see what we can dig up!
? 90sareallthat

Well, it's easy as hell to find episodes of the show, aside from the first season, which only aired in Canada and was shot live with no back-up tapes made, one episode aside, but it's cool that they even replied to me.

New blog!

Kiddington

I'm surprised they did respond. I've asked them numerous times over Twitter why they continue to acknowledge Legends as frequently as they do, yet haven't even touched it in months, and I get a whole lot of nothing in response.

I don't use tumblr though, so I guess that's not really an option for me. Eh.

Avaitor

Oh hey, the page is having another poll asking which shows would you like to see in a U-Pick. The shows are Ren & Stimpy, Rocket Power, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Naturally, I slided with Legends. AYAOTD has aired a lot more and the other two aren't as appealing as it.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I hope it's Legends by a landslide, but I doubt it.

Daxdiv

Rocket Power is winning last I checked.

Seriously people, I don't know what you see in that show.

Kiddington

Yeah, $20 says it'll be Rocket Power.

Seems like all the nostalgics besides those of us here continue to hold a soft spot for that dreck. I don't get it; I really don't. You'd think after the umpteenth "woogity woogity woogity" they'd just say to themselves "wow, this sucks".

Ugh, whatever.