Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Finally some 90s Nick material on a channel I have.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

At a reasonable hour, too. ;)

I wonder if this is going to be a set-up for the block to be integrated to Nick@Nite, or a set-up for N@N to start up at 9 again. Both would be welcome and smart decisions, IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

If they weren't averse to airing game shows, I'd kill to see OG Double Dare and Finders Keepers on N@N.

Avaitor

So they're dropping All That and Kenan & Kel for more Victorious at 8. This proves my belief that they were testing the waters to see whether or not they should give Nick the 8 PM hour back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

The 1-year anniversary of the block's existence was last night, and what did they do to commemorate it? Nothing. They just aired the same old All That, Kenan & Kel and hour of Hey Arnold!

I gave up on the block months ago when the last change they made was adding in season 5 of All That. It's obvious that they don't care anymore, and it's surprising that it and the Facebook page are still up at all.

New blog!

Kiddington

Well, they did just acknowledge the one-year anniversary on their Twitter page (and may have also done so on Facebook, but I dunno, since I haven't checked that today). So at least they didn't completely forget.

Still though, this block has been dead to me for months. Occasionally I'll find myself in the mood to watch this stuff, but with so little variety, it's a far cry from watching it almost every night like I was at this time last year. Hell, I can't even really remember the last time I tuned in. Maybe 2-3 months ago, if that? Something along those lines, I'm sure.

It is disappointing that they lost interest so quickly, but I suppose that's pretty much par for the course when it comes to Nick. This is exactly what happened the last time they tried a nostalgia block, back in 2004-2005 or whenever it was. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Rynnec

Can't say I'm suprised really. This block had a lot of potential, and Nick just squandered it. Quite sad when you consider how big they were hyping the block up last year.

Daxdiv

Well we all know why this failed and it is because of Nick's damn faulty scheduling. I see they're learning nothing about why Disney is kicking their asses in the ratings and why Cartoon Network is catching up to them.

Avaitor

Wanna know what's next for Dan Schneider?

Well I have minor interest in the Sam and Cat show, since I like both actors and their characters. But I wasn't expecting him to make spin-offs like these.

Edit: HOLY SHIT.

They're changing the lineup around, at least for the weekend. The original Figure It Out at the start and end, plus Legends and Family Double Dare in between. I hope this sticks around.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on August 02, 2012, 03:51:17 PM

Well I have minor interest in the Sam and Cat show, since I like both actors and their characters. But I wasn't expecting him to make spin-offs like these.

Wow.  :srs:

One thing I can see coming out of this, though... Jennette McCurdy will be the next Drake Bell, if she's not already. She'll be hogtied into working with Nick well into her 20's. CALLING IT.

They're changing the lineup around, at least for the weekend. The original Figure It Out at the start and end, plus Legends and Family Double Dare in between. I hope this sticks around.

Now there's something I actually care about.

It's about damn time. I mean, really; this is the first lineup change in, what, a good 2-3 months at least? Whatever though, I'll take it.

Avaitor

Quote from: Kiddington on August 02, 2012, 04:16:27 PM

Wow.  :srs:

One thing I can see coming out of this, though... Jennette McCurdy will be the next Drake Bell, if she's not already. She'll be hogtied into working with Nick well into her 20's. CALLING IT.
It could be worse. Jerry Trainor is also reported to have a pilot being sold for Nick, too. Chances are he'll still be on Nick until his 40's himself.

Quote from: Kiddington on August 02, 2012, 04:16:27 PM

Now there's something I actually care about.

It's about damn time. I mean, really; this is the first lineup change in, what, a good 2-3 months at least? Whatever though, I'll take it.
Depends on how you cut it. The last time there was any kind of schedule change was back in March when they ran Salute Your Shorts during St. Patrick's Day weekend, and that was almost 5 months ago. In terms of actual lineup changes, the last major one was when they dropped U-Pick in January. But you can even say that the last change was in November when they made the All That-Kenan & Kel-Nicktoon hour lineup.

So yeah, this is welcome. Although you'd think they would have done this sooner, when the new Figure It Out started. Well I guess the show is doing better then they were expecting, which is why they're doing something about it now.

New blog!

Kiddington

Wow, it's actually been a lot longer than I thought. Shows how much I haven't been keeping up with the block (in my defense, though, there just hasn't been anything there to interest me in ages; every time I'd look at the guide, it was the same episodes of All That or K&K that I've already seen too recently to care about watching again).

Quote from: Avaitor on August 02, 2012, 04:22:57 PM
It could be worse. Jerry Trainor is also reported to have a pilot being sold for Nick, too. Chances are he'll still be on Nick until his 40's himself.

:wth:

See, I don't even get that. The guy is like 35 years old; is he really that popular with Nick's target audience?

Spark Of Spirit

That sounds like a horrendous idea for a show. But then, this is the easiest way for Nick to make more shows, so unless this fails, they probably won't be making anything original for a long time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, the only thing that interested me in a long time was that they started airing season 5 of All That a few months ago. And watching some of that, I can see that the cracks were starting to slip in the series at that point.

Another interesting thing is that the block skipped the vast majority of season 2 during Rugrats' first run. Seasons 1 and 3 aired mostly in tact, a few eps aside, but 2 only had its most popular episodes, like "Chuckie vs the Potty", and the playground showdown one. During its second run, they skipped most of the original episodes to go straight to the 1997 ones, which is REALLY lame IMO. They also skip most of the last season, which, conversely, isn't a big loss.

As for Jerry, Spencer is the most popular aspect of iCarly. Admittedly that isn't such a big deal though, since Miranda Cosgrove is easily the least popular part of the entire show. And he does a good job on the show. But on his own? I don't think I could stomach it.

It'll probably be better than the Gibby show, though. Who the hell wants that?

New blog!

Avaitor

Well this was a fun night. Legends and Double Dare are always welcome, and this is the first time I've seen the original Figure It Out since GAS ended. If there's one thing it has on the new one, the prizes are a lot cooler. I mean, props from LOTHT, Double Dare and Clarissa? I don't know about you, but I'd take one of those over a kayak or scooter any day.

It's also interesting to see how Summer Sanders and Jeff Sutphen differ. Sanders is more of a motherly figure, who holds onto the contestant's shoulders during the game and talks with the panelists when they're stalling for time. Sutphen is more of a big brother, in that he's similarly nice to the contestants, but more sarcastic to the panelists and willing to make a bigger mess. I think they're both very good in separate ways, but I also really like the new version of FIO, which not everyone else seems to for some reason.

New blog!