Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 27, 2012, 09:52:26 PM
Rumored to be $299, and most games seem to be $49.99 except Sonic Racing which seems to be $39.99.

I hope that holds true. It hits dead on where I'd realistically like it.
That sounds like heaven if true.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Just pre-ordered both Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution for $78 total. Thanks Green Man Gaming!

gunswordfist

Me want both. Love games that give you tons of ways to complete objectives.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Foggle on September 02, 2012, 11:43:05 AM
Just pre-ordered both Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution for $78 total. Thanks Green Man Gaming!

Oh man, I gotta get Hitman in my queue on GameFly. What game is Dishonored? First time I've heard of it.

Nel_Annette

It looks like a futuristic Assassin's Creed, to put it in the most generic of terms.  :P

I desperately want to play it.

gunswordfist

That desciption would probably piss off Foggle.

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 03, 2012, 01:39:59 AM
What game is Dishonored? First time I've heard of it.
First-person free-form stealth/action pseudo-open world steampunk assassin game with crazy superpowers and a focus on melee combat. Watch these two videos, I was sold immediately. :joy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZCA6DvtCkY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKB3naEgl4

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 03, 2012, 07:59:21 AM
That desciption would probably piss off Foggle.
Well, I mean, the concept is fairly similar. But the story is more straightforward and the gameplay is more reminiscent of Deus Ex or Thief or Hitman.

gunswordfist

Hmm, so there will be open world levels (whatever that means) and Snake can commandeer vehicles and call a helicopter at any time to change missions. Hmmm...

Foggle

gunswordfist

I'm only waiting for a few games:
Hitman Absolution
Dishonored
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Rising

Foggle

Goin' down to boner town.

Quote from: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=145837Just received my monthly magazine subscription (GamesMaster) through the door. Front cover has Borderlands 2 "World exclusive review" over it. I quickly turned to the review on pages 64-71 and the result was 95% with the conclusion: "Bigger. Ballsier. Bullet-ier. Borderlands 2 is the antidote to stuffy military shooters."

A hearty congratulations to Gearbox for that result - all of the effort put into making this game has certainly paid off. Role on release day!

Some conclusions from the review:

+ Even statisitically poor weapons are fun to handle
+ Underlying physics of each weapon have been massively improved - guns feel like they used to in Doom and Unreal
+ Trading gear is better
+ Gearbox have learnt how to turn off the brown palette in Microsoft Paint, leading to BL2 being the prettiest game of 2012 to date
+ Increased verticality of the world
+ More varied missions
+ Even better humour
+ Improved story
+ 30+ hours main quest. A truely epic game once sidequests/playthroughs/badass ranks/loot has been taken into account
+ Bonus (optional) objectives to missions and multiple outcomes
+ Solo play and co-op markedly improved (with more populated environments and more seemless co-op)

- Inventory management/space can be a problem (12 slots initially, central hub (bank?) is in Sanctuary)

Kiddington

Why have I not given Borderlands a shot yet? Sounds exactly like the cure for boring FPS syndrome that I've been looking for all these years.

Alas, money...

Foggle

Just a warning, while I absolutely love the first Borderlands, the pace is actually quite methodical, every environment in the first 20 hours is brown and/or gray, and the pre-DLC humor is extremely dry (still funny, though). By all means, give it a shot, especially if you can get the GOTY version, but the sequel looks to be about a million times better in every regard.

Oh, also, do NOT buy the Xbox 360 GOTY version used! In the first printing at least, the DLCs were just included as download tokens for the Xbox. The PS3 version has the DLCs on the disc, though, so you can get that one used without a problem.

Foggle

Foggle