Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 03, 2011, 12:46:50 AM
Duke Nukem Forever demo: Very short, but very fucking awesome. Level design is reminiscent of the best levels from Half-Life 2 and Halo 1. Tons of fun!
:swoon:

Pumped!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 03, 2011, 01:05:02 AM
Quote from: Foggle on June 03, 2011, 12:46:50 AM
Duke Nukem Forever demo: Very short, but very fucking awesome. Level design is reminiscent of the best levels from Half-Life 2 and Halo 1. Tons of fun!
:swoon:

Pumped!
If you like Duke Nukem 3D, any Half-Life, Halo 1, or Jedi Knight/Outcast, you will love DNF. :joy: Game is very funny and the shotgun is the best since the first F.E.A.R.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2011, 05:15:41 PM
Don't really know if I should talk about this here, but the beta for Deus Ex 3 is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Game of the year by far, and it's not even the finished version. It's a throwback to the glory days of PC RPG/FPS games that has tons of improvements which make it seem thoroughly modern. It's extremely accessible without being dumbed-down, the story and voice acting are wonderful, and everything about it is generally brilliant. Basically, it's as fun and memorable as BioShock while being as deep and engrossing as System Shock 2. Blows almost any game made in the past five years out of the water, IMO; true art, unlike Heavy Rain. Can't wait for August. This shit is worth the full retail price.
I am so fucking glad to here this!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Super Smash Bros 4 just shot up to my list.

I don't look forward to the inevitable flood of rumors, and the meltdown from people who didn't get their favorite character in, but there has yet to be a Smash game that disappoints, and considering how there hasn't been too many consistent IPs this generation, the chance of seeing obscure or older characters again has probably increased tremendously for this game.

Also, fuck Geno.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 08, 2011, 08:05:55 PM
Super Smash Bros 4 just shot up to my list.

I don't look forward to the inevitable flood of rumors, and the meltdown from people who didn't get their favorite character in, but there has yet to be a Smash game that disappoints, and considering how there hasn't been too many consistent IPs this generation, the chance of seeing obscure or older characters again has probably increased tremendously for this game.

Also, fuck Geno.
Fuck Bowser Jr and Waluigi.

Fawful or bust.

And that's the only character whining I'll contribute.  :>
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think they should put Ryu Hayabusa as a playable fighter in the next Super Smash Bros. game....Just say'n....I mean, he was a Nintendo character at one point in time....

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 08, 2011, 09:05:07 PM
I think they should put Ryu Hayabusa as a playable fighter in the next Super Smash Bros. game....Just say'n....I mean, he was a Nintendo character at one point in time....
Normally I'd say it's a long shot, but since Team Ninja seem buddy-buddy with Nintendo and Ninja Gaiden 3 is coming to the WU...

Well, it's actually pretty possible.  :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, that's what I was actually thinking. Plus, if they could manage to work Snake of all characters in the last SSB game, I don't think that Ryu is a stretch at all. Hell, aside from the NES games, there was also an NG game on the DS just a few years ago, and NG3 is coming to the WiiU, so it'd make sense to see him in the next SSB game.

To be honest, though, I'd prefer if they went with the classic Ryu character design from the NES games as opposed to the new ones, mostly just because I've been wanting to see the classic version of Ryu appear in a game for a REALLY long time now.

Foggle

gunswordfist

lol 2013. Sucks to be EK these days
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

After having NG2 come out on time and turning out to be an unfinished, rushed (though still fucking awesome) game, Itagaki can take as long as he wants to finish this game. I just want a game that's actually finished when it comes out. As long as I get that, it can come out in 2015 for all I care.

Though, I do hope he has a good amount to show us at TGS this year.

Also, Jim Sterling's last comment is pretty ignorant. Itagaki has a fairly small team to work with right now, so it makes sense that its taking a long time to get the game out. Most development teams are made up of 100+ guys, whereas Itagaki has just barely more than 50 right now. Also, NG1 on the XBOX took 5 years to make, and the effort showed. I want an experience like that again, so I'll be willing to wait as long as I have to as long as it delivers.

BTW, I can't say I'm surprised by this announcement. I was expecting it, as a matter of fact. Anyone who knows Itagaki knows that he ALWAYS delays his games until he feels that they are perfect. The only exception to this is NG2 which even he admits was rushed.

Spark Of Spirit

Ugh, Jim Sterling.

It's a shame that game is over two years away, but here's hoping it doesn't come out smack dab in the middle of next gen.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I'm not too worried about that. I can't imagine any new consoles will release until the Holiday season of 2013 (at earliest the WiiU would release during the fall of next year, though even that seems too soon), and even if they did that wouldn't kill DT's sales very much at all since when new consoles come out they're usually incredibly expensive and most people will stick with the last-gen consoles for at least another year or 2 before making the switch to the next-gen.

While I'm not a fan of the series, God of War 2 is a good example of a game that released on a previous-gen console during the current generation and still sold extremely well, though in that case that game had the advantage of being a sequel to a highly-acclaimed and already popular title, but even so I'd say DT has the advantage of being attached to a relatively popular developer (granted that, Itagaki has a crap-ton of haters, but he has a noticeable fan-base as well), so I don't think that the next-gen consoles will effect it that much. I can guarantee you that at least I certainly won't own any next-gen consoles by 2013, so I'm definitely still going to be focused on the current-gen at that point.

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteItagaki told Impress that he and THQ are actively looking into making Wii U into a compatible platform. He added that he's personally very excited about the possibility. Incidentally, Itagaki's first impression upon seeing Wii U at Nintendo's press conference (he'd yet to try the system out himself at the time of the Impress Watch interview) was that it was designed with consideration of Japan. Japanese homes are small and thus can't have multiple televisions. This is why Japan has gone the way of the portable, Itagaki feels. He believes that Wii U's concept of letting you move the game over to the controller when the television is taken is Nintendo's attempt at combatting the trend of lower console sales in the Japanese market. "I believe it is a good idea," he said.

QuoteWhile leaving Wii U open as a possible platform, Itagaki ruled out Kinect, saying that the hands-free control device was made for families and casual experiences. Devil's Third will probably be a Z or M rating, and it would probably wear you out because you'd be moving constantly.

Itagaki and Team Ninja seem in sync, even now.

Also:

QuoteItagaki confirmed in an E3 interview with Impress Watch that Devil's Third won't be released until early 2013. In terms of the mechanical areas of the game, it's at 100%. However, a game needs replay value, volume, and so-forth, so in that sense of it being a complete product, it's around 20 to 30%. Asked how many players can take part in the multiplayer action, he responded that he believes they will have done a good job if they can make it support 32 players.

From andriasang

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Itagaki showing interest in the WiiU doesn't surprise me. He has always admired Nintendo's hardware and has often said that he would like to design games for Nintendo consoles in the future, so it won't be unlikely to see DT come over to the WiiU as well. For me, its yet another reason to make a jump over to Nintendo, but I've learned my lesson from this generation and I'll wait and see how the next-gen consoles develop and which gets the seemingly best offering of games in their library before I make the decision as to the next one that I get.

That last quote just proves that Itagaki knows where his priorities lie. That's one thing I love about his games; granted that I'm not really a fan of the DOA games, and I only really care about his NG games, but whichever games he makes he always makes sure to give it as much content and replay value as possible. This only further gives me hopes that he's really fine-tuning the game and adding in diverse new difficulty modes for the single-player and probably also focusing on making the multiplayer as balanced and varied as possible. He could probably easily release the game in 2012 as originally scheduled if he wanted to, but he has clearly learned his lesson from fan reception to NG2, and wants to make the game as long-lasting of an experience as possible.

And just to put things in perspective, even though I haven't had NGB a little more than 2 years now, before I lost it I had clocked in about 300+ hours of game time on it (and just for the record, the single-player mode takes an average of 20 hours to complete on the first run, though it can be finished within 4 hours or possibly even less for skilled speed-runners), so that just goes to show how much I played the shit out of that game. I'm really hoping that DT is something that can last me that long. Hell, if it can even last me a quarter as long in replay value I'll consider it a huge success. So yeah, like I said, 2013 is no big wait for me. ;)