Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 21, 2011, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on July 20, 2011, 09:51:08 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on July 20, 2011, 06:03:25 PM
You have no idea how badly I want to see those in action. Especially after seeing how awesome City Escape looked. Also,I don't care what GSF thinks, Chemical Plant is the best zone in Sonic 2.

I'm really glad they made Sonic Colors. They seemed to have learned a lot from it, judging from everything I've seen from this game. Here's hoping the modern levels follow more after it than Unleashed (like Green Hill modern did)...

Still, first ever Sonic game I've ever preordered.
Chemical Plant Zone would be great..if it weren't for Act 2
I assume you're talking about the underwater sections towards the end of the act... and actually, I disagree.

I'll never understand what people don't like about that part. Yes, it does slow everything down... but honestly, I dunno; I just think it adds something unique to it. I've always had a soft spot for the water levels in Sonic games anyway, though, so that may have something to do with it.

Spark Of Spirit

You can beat Chemical Plant without ever touching the water in it. Just find the best path and stick to it. Also you can get through the chamber part without touching the water if you're fast enough. Even if you don't, it's not that deep.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on July 21, 2011, 03:18:03 PM
You have no idea how badly I want to see those in action. Especially after seeing how awesome City Escape looked. Also,I don't care what GSF thinks, Chemical Plant is the best zone in Sonic 2.

I'm really glad they made Sonic Colors. They seemed to have learned a lot from it, judging from everything I've seen from this game. Here's hoping the modern levels follow more after it than Unleashed (like Green Hill modern did)...

I assume you're talking about the underwater sections towards the end of the act... and actually, I disagree.

I'll never understand what people don't like about that part. Yes, it does slow everything down... but honestly, I dunno; I just think it adds something unique to it. I've always had a soft spot for the water levels in Sonic games anyway, though, so that may have something to do with it.
I don't. That part is the bane of my existence. Chemical Plant has the best slopes in the series, once I think about it, which I am sure is why Desen loves the level so much but putting Sonic in water is only fun once and that was in Hydrocity, which is better with Tails anyway. Which reminds me, Tails gets screwed over in CP Act 2
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on July 21, 2011, 03:23:53 PM
You can beat Chemical Plant without ever touching the water in it. Just find the best path and stick to it. Also you can get through the chamber part without touching the water if you're fast enough. Even if you don't, it's not that deep.
You're a few decades late with that info

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 21, 2011, 07:50:31 PM
I'm just saying that it's not a water level to me since I never come in contact with the water.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on July 21, 2011, 07:54:11 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on July 21, 2011, 07:50:31 PM
I'm just saying that it's not a water level to me since I never come in contact with the water.
Never? Oh come on... :oo:

Anyway, I of course have SUGC so I'll try it. Maybe before or after I fail at trying to beat Streets Of Rage 2 on Hard like I failed at doing today

Spark Of Spirit

If anyone cares, the Red Faction series is now dead because the new game bombed.

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on July 27, 2011, 05:29:32 PM
If anyone cares, the Red Faction series is now dead because the new game bombed.
Can't say I'm surprised. The new game looked boring as shit and my friend who played the demo told me it was terrible compared to Guerrilla.

Sucks for Volition, though. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Uggh

Why the hell can't a GOOD company use the Double Dragon license to make a good game? This looks nothing like DD2 and it's based on the inferior arcade version.  :anger:

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

This costs $15.

And we couldn't just get the NES version with HD 2D graphics and polished up engine instead, why? Hell even a port of Double Dragon Advance would be glorious.

This looks like the Turtles In Time remake. Trash.

gunswordfist

Desen's past just can't stop getting raped.

Spark Of Spirit

DD2 NES is one of my all time favorite games, man. This is just spitting on it.  :-[

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on July 21, 2011, 03:18:03 PM

It might be back!