Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 24, 2013, 08:59:17 PM
QuoteLooking forward to it though, sounds dumb as shit but fun

Oh, Toonami Faithful.

Being a Toonami Faithful in a nutshell.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 24, 2013, 08:59:17 PM
QuoteLooking forward to it though, sounds dumb as shit but fun

Oh, Toonami Faithful.

These fucking people will watch anything. Anything.

Like I said before; put Boku No Pico on that lineup in any given timeslot, complete the process with fancy wraparounds and TOM telling us all how cool it is, and these drones would eat it up.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Kiddington on May 24, 2013, 10:53:00 PM

No. I only watch what I like. Which is One Piece and Soul Eater for the moment. IGPX too, only because I hadn't seen it before and wanted to check it out. It's regrettably dull.... :oo:

Eh, I might not be a "Toonami Faithful" after all, if that implies that I have to love anything Toonami puts on no matter how unpleasant it is...

Kiddington

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 24, 2013, 11:12:02 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on May 24, 2013, 10:53:00 PM

No. I only watch what I like. Which is One Piece and Soul Eater for the moment. IGPX too, only because I hadn't seen it before and wanted to check it out. It's regrettably dull.... :oo:

Eh, I might not be a "Toonami Faithful" after all, if that implies that I have to love anything Toonami puts on no matter how unpleasant it is...

Pretty much.

Rynnec

If there's any good news to this, the Toonami Faithful are generally divided by this news. I know for a fact that Sketch, Soul, and Macattack are against it.

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 24, 2013, 11:12:02 PM

Kiddington

Consider me surprised by that news.

I've been at work all day, so I haven't really had time to digest the general reaction from most people yet, but... I mean, it can't possibly be a majority leaning towards this being a good move right? It just can't.

Rynnec

Definitely not. This is possibly the most polarizing thing Toonami's ever done.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah. Most people are against this. Only a few strays are genuinely happy about it.

Kiddington

Wow. I'm actually kinda relieved now. You know, that this entire fanbase isn't quite as crazy as I originally thought.

That still leaves little hope for the actual block itself though. Seriously, what the fuck DeMarco. What are you.  :srs:

LumRanmaYasha

My guess is that they don't actually watch much if anything of the shows they pick up, baring shows like One Piece which I know at least DeMarco has watched a lot of. That would explain a lot actually.

I'd hope they'll get a better show for the next time. At this point, it's more or less random probability in what they will or won't air. At least the block is still composed of a majority of shows that I like or tolerate, with Sword Art just being a new rotten egg to join the midnight mediocres in the list of shows on Toonami I currently loathe.

Dr. Insomniac

This gives us some nice fodder though. Especially for what's coming next for Thaumatropy...

LumRanmaYasha

Let me guess...GXP?   :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

LumRanmaYasha

Probably for the best. It ain't even shit. It's just boring as fuck.

...Which might be even worse, now that I think about it.  :>