Glop Art Online

Started by Lord Dalek, November 21, 2012, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yeah, I gave up about halfway through. Sorry, Dax.

That might actually make for a more fun review, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

TheEclecticDude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHm_KHZT3tY

So, new promo for SAO is coming out tonight

Well, 2am guess I am missing out poor old me /sarc

(I need sleep and that's usually when I am, plus even if I am up at that time, I would be probably watching something better)

Rynnec

Is it just me, or does Kirito sound more like JYB than he does Bryce Papenbrook?

Foggle

Wow, that promo makes the show look and sound A LOT better than it really is.

TheEclecticDude

Yeah the Hype Machine is in full force for this stinker it seems.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Can't wait for the inevitable SAO/SnK power hour that will attract the Crunchyroll audience.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on July 21, 2013, 03:33:24 PM
Wow, that promo makes the show look and sound A LOT better than it really is.

Really, that is one compliment people have always had about Toonami's bumpers. The show can be total shit, but their bumpers would want to make you watch it. Marketing Department be damned!

Lord Dalek

You spend a year thinking "Hmmm... I wonder why they haven't announced a new Sword Art thing yet?", and then suddenly *BOOM* right back in the jungle again.

Foggle

Since it's a single episode special, I hope it's an adaptation of There Is But One Ultimate Way.

Lord Dave

Am I the only one who enjoyed it?
Granted the second arc was weird at times and I wish they used the main point of said arc.

Spoiler
Which was the mind control.  I was seriously expecting Kirito to get to Asuna and find out she'd already been converted and can't remember him.  Insert emotional drama, forced conflict, then self sacrifice that causes her memory to return, proving that the human will and love is stronger than any forced change.
[close]

It felt like it ended too soon.
Granted, I cried several times.  But I know what it's like to fall in love with someone online so that might be why.

But if it's a .Hack ripoff, I should check out that next.
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

TheEclecticDude

I don't really hate or enjoy SAO, even four episodes into it.

It does nothing for me....the stuff it tries to do have been done before and honestly better in other series.

Foggle

I'm okay with the first half until Yui appears. Everything after that I absolutely hate.

Daikun

Lord Dave

Quote from: Daikun on September 06, 2013, 05:35:36 PM
Kickstarter to make the game a reality.
I would never strap a device to my head that could fry my brain or deprive me of sensory input from the outside world.
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Daxdiv

I think Shantae and Mighty No. 9 will still get my money from Kickstarter this time. Thank you very much.