The Boondocks

Started by Avaitor, December 30, 2010, 03:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 12, 2011, 03:08:00 PM
Hey EK, why don't you go burn in hell for loving South Park so much?

I never knew you were such a devout Christian, GSF.

Either that or you're even worse at making comebacks than Talon. I suppose this is the only way that you could possibly deal with it, though, you poor retarded dumb-shit.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 12, 2011, 03:09:49 PM
Way to triple post, man.

The last time I checked, a little bitch with a pussy is not a man. :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 12, 2011, 03:10:29 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on January 12, 2011, 03:08:00 PM
Hey EK, why don't you go burn in hell for loving South Park so much?

I never knew you were such a devout Christian, GSF.Either that or you're even worse at making comebacks than Talon. I suppose this is the only way that you could possibly deal with it, though, you poor retarded dumb-shit.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 12, 2011, 03:09:49 PM
Way to triple post, man.

The last time I checked, a little bitch with a pussy is not a man. :sly:
:D I declare myself owned.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

*looks at watch* And much earlier than usual!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

:D So what's everyone's favorite season?

Avaitor

Season 1>Season 3>Season 2

Season 3 had a good start, a couple of weak episodes after that, but was pure gold before the end. Season 1 is still the one I come back to the most, though. Season 2 is just too hit or miss for me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I think it's Season 2>Season 1>Season 3 for me. I did miss a lot of season 2's episodes but I loved what I saw. Season 3 started strong but near the end it got kind of weak. Season 1 is pretty solid overall but doesn't have the amazingly great episodes of season 2 or even 3. Well except Date With a Health Inspector of course.

Avaitor

The last couple of season 3 episodes were amazing. The finale, Ruckus's family, the fried chicken virus, what's not to love?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

The finale wasn't really the finale. They changed the episode order. I thought it was a pretty lackluster episode. The Ruckus episode was good. I got to admit that I kind of half watched the chicken virus episode.

Avaitor

Season 4 has just been confirmed by John Witherspoon. 20 episodes this time, instead of 15 like before.

Who knows when it'll air, but I'm excited. I thought the last two episodes could have gone either way, as a series finale or precursor to the next season, and I would have been fine with either call. Now I know that there's at least another season of the show to look forward to.

Oh, and I've been rewatcing season 3 thanks to [as]'s airings of it on Saturday nights. It still holds up pretty well from last year. I didn't catch all the episodes from then, so I'm loving what I missed but also enjoying what I've already seen.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Bang bang bang. Now every other show I want to see get another season better do so.

gunswordfist

Bang bang bang. Now every other show I want to see get another season better do so.

ToonFaithful

Heard about this when it was announced, gotta say that I'm stoked for this season. Hell, even my parents. They started watching Boondocks back in December and have enjoyed it ever since then. When I told them the news they were happy heh. But yeah, really excited to hear the news. My favorite episodes from season 3 were "The Red Ball" and "The Fundraiser".

Eddy

I don't really watch The Boondocks all that much to be honest. I guess I don't find it all that appealing.

That said, there are certain episodes I've seen that I find to be really, really good. The Christmas episode, for example, where Huey puts on "The Adventures of Black Jesus". I thought that episode was fantastic. Same with the one with the "what-if" story if Martin Luther King Jr. was still alive today and the one where Riley gets art lessons.

So I guess I don't know how to feel about The Boondocks.

Spark Of Spirit

I like some episodes, too. I thought the season 2 premiere was a fantastic episode with tons of character moments, but most of the show isn't like that, unfortunately.

I don't know, I guess it's when it tries to be "edgy" and go over the top that it loses me. I think the show works better when they keep it straightforward like the MLK "what-if" episode that had plenty of parody and satire but nothing too ridiculous to take you out of it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: ToonFaithful on July 05, 2011, 03:51:12 PM
Heard about this when it was announced, gotta say that I'm stoked for this season. Hell, even my parents. They started watching Boondocks back in December and have enjoyed it ever since then. When I told them the news they were happy heh. But yeah, really excited to hear the news. My favorite episodes from season 3 were "The Red Ball" and "The Fundraiser".
Those are probably my two favorites as well. The Red Ball is definitely number 1 for me