Abridged Series

Started by LumRanmaYasha, December 20, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

DBZ Abridged is over and any future DBZ content TFS makes will be in the form of the CGI shorts.

Not gonna lie, haven't been that fond of the ShortZ content, so knowing that's where we'll get any Buu Saga content is disappointing. But on the other hand, with video takedowns and Kaiser making it clear they aren't as enthused with abridging as they used to be, I can begrudgingly understand.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

New YGOTAS was fine, but my mind was more focused on how much the Abridging community changed between this episode and the last. DBZA ending due to creator burnout, Pokemon 'Bridged ending because the creator turned out to be an abusive rapist, the rise in long-form abridged series with their own studios and casts over the old model. It's bittersweet.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In a way, while I would have liked to see the Abridged version of the Buu saga and maybe even GT or Super content, I'm glad that TFS got to end DBZA on their own terms. The early stuff is rough and hard to go back to, but they genuinely found their footing midway into the Freeza saga and the series only got better from there. To me, it helped breath new life into the fandom and I'm genuinely grateful for the content that we got. I'm not really into the ShortZ, which feel more as a way to show off their new in-house animation and production value than as a fun parody series, but still, at least they are getting to create the content that they want and I certainly don't begrudge them for it.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, I'm glad TFS got to end their show on a high note. Interesting though that YGOTAS is the only one from that old era of abridging that's still going, and aside from Hbi2k's series, none of the abridged series from back then wrapped the whole show they abridged. I know Lani has no interest in ever going back to YYH Abridged.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun